"Mike..."

"Lucas, you don't understand. He spoke last night. Words! He was singing that weird song he loves. Even El heard him. Hailey please you gotta believe me." Mike begged the teenager. "Oh, well, if the weirdo heard him, then I guess..." Hailey cut off the Sinclair boy, not in the mood for another fight.

"Mikey, are you sure your on the right channel?" She asked looking at him. "I don't think, it's about that. I think somehow, she's channeling him." Mike told her, glad that she believed him. "Like...like professor X." Dustin said, sounding excited.

"Yeah."

"Are you guys actually believing this crap?" Lucas asked looking at the two Henderson's in question. "I don't know, I mean... Do you remember when Will fell off his bike and broke his fingers? He sounded a lot like that." Dustin said. Hailey was starting to get hope that the boy may actually be alive.

"Did you guys not see what I saw? They pulled Will's body out of the water. He's dead!" Lucas reminded them, what all of them saw the previous night. "Well, maybe it's his ghost. Maybe he's haunting us." Dustin said.

"It's not his ghost."

"So how do you know that?"

"I just do!"

"Then what was in that water?"

"I don't know. All I know is Will's alive. Will is alive! He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him." Mike looked up at Hailey, hoping she would help. "I don't think this is gonna work. Is there a way we can get Eleven to a stronger radio?" Hailey asked, she needed proof that her little wizard was still alive.

"Mr Clarke's Heathkit ham shack." Dustin suggested with a smile. "Yeah." Mike agreed with a smile. "The heathkit's at school. There is no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing, I mean... look at her." Lucas said, everyone turned to look at Eleven.

"You guys can leave that to me, just get her some of Nancy's old clothes." Hailey told the boys. Hailey did the girl's make up. She helped her into the pink dress the boys found, and helped put the wig on her head.

Eleven was actually a very beautiful girl, Hailey could see that. The two came out of the bathroom, the boys staring at Eleven, especially Mike.

"Wow! She looks..."

"Pretty!"

Everyone looked at Mike, "Good. You look pretty good." The Wheeler boy corrected. Eleven looked at herself in the mirror.

"Pretty good." she said.

*°••°*

Hailey never thought she would ever put her feet back in the halls of the middle school, but here she was following the boys. "Okay, remember if anyone sees, look sad." Mike said looking at the others.

"Attention students there will be an assembly to honour Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

They got to the AV Club room only to find the door locked. "It's locked." Mike said. "What?" Lucas asked, trying to open it too. Dustin looked at Eleven, "Hey do you think you can open it? With your powers?" he asked.

Mr Clarke rounded the corner. "Boys? Assembly's about to start." He said. "We know. We're just, you know..."

"Upset."

"Yeah. Definitely upset."

"We need some alone time."

"To cry."

"Yeah, listen I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's be there for Will, huh? And then..." Mr Clarke takes out the keys, throwing it at Mike. "The heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?" The teacher asked them.

Mr Clarke took notice of Eleven. "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" he asked the girl

"Eleve...."

"Eleanor! She's my, uh..."

"Cousin."

"Second cousin."

Hailey really need to teach these boys how to lie, because they're terrible at it. "She's here for Will's funeral." Mike told their favourite teacher. "Ah well, welcome to Hawkins Middle, Eleanor. I wish you were here under better circumstances." Mr Clarke said, Eleven looked at the boys uncertain.

"Thank you." Eleven said. "Where are you from exactly?" Mr Clarke asked curiously.

"Bad place..."

"Sweden!"

Hailey cut into the conversation. "Hailey Henderson, the boys guardian angel. What are you doing at the middle school?" Mr Clarke asked.

"I was dragged here, the boys said they need me, so I followed immediately." Hailey said with a sad smile. Mike gave the AV club's keys to the teenager. "Wait for us here." Mike said.

"Sure Mikey."

"Shall we?" Mr Clarke asked his students. "Yep." Lucas said following their teacher. Hailey went into the club room, waiting for the boys.

*°••°*

Hailey got a fright when the boys suddenly stormed into the club room. "Come on." Mike said. "What now?" Hailey asked Mike, as Eleven took  a seat Infront of the Heathkit. "She'll find him, right El?" Mike said looking at the girl.

Mike puts on the radio, Eleven started doing her thing, as she closed her eyes. "She's doing it! She's finding him!" Mike said, getting excited. "This is crazy." Dustin said. "Calm down. She just closed her eyes." Lucas stated. The light above them went out. Hailey stood closer to the boys. "Holy..." They heard some noise coming from the heathkit. "What is that?" Dustin asked.

Mom? Mom?

"No way!" Lucas said, Hailey couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Mom... Please... Mom!

"Will!"

"Will, it's us! Are you there?"

"Can you hear us? We're here!" The boys screamed out hoping their friend would hear them. For once Hailey was frozen with no idea, what to do.

Hello? Mom?

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asked. "I don't know." Mike told his friend.

Mom it's coming! It's like home, but it's so dark...it's so dark and empty and it's cold! Mom? Mom!

Hailey was crying, just imagining what her little wizard was going through, and she wasn't able to protect him made her heart clench. The heathkit caught on fire, Hailey went to get the extinguisher, she put out the fire.

"El, are you okay? Can you move?" Mike asked her. Hailey took a few steps to the girl. "Help me, get her on my back." The teenager said, when Eleven was on she held on tightly. Hailey stood up and they made their way out of the school.

*°•Unedited•°*