"It's not Will. It can't be." Mike said trying to convince himself, it can't be true. As they got a closer look, they knew it was him. "It's Will. It's really Will." Lucas said sadly, staring at the body. They stood back, Hailey tried reading their expressions, but it was hard.

"Mike..." Eleven said putting a hand on his arm, he slapped it away. "Mike? Mike!, What? You were supposed to help us find him alive. You said he was alive! Why did you lie to us? What's wrong with you? What's wrong with you?" Mike asked her angry.

"Mike..."

"What?" Mike snapped, he picked up his bike, driving away. "Mike, come on. Don't do this, man." Lucas called after their friend.

"Mike..."

"Mike, where are you going? Mike!" Dustin also yelled after him. Hailey didn't like how her brother's voice was breaking.

After Hailey made sure that Lucas and eleven got home safely, she and Dustin went home. That night, her brother crawled into her bed, he was cuddled up to her side, crying until he was finally able to fall asleep.

*°••°*

It was a rather gloomy morning, Hailey was worried about Dustin, he hasn't said a word. Their mom told them they could stay home, but they thought it was best to go to school to keep their minds busy.

Hailey was in her room, getting ready for the day. "Hailey, do you copy?" Her walkie went off. It was obviously Mike, every move she made was slow and her tiredness was also taking effect.

"Hey Mikey, you okay?"

"Yeah, listen. I'm about to tell you something, and please you have to believe me. Over."

"What's up? It sounds kind of serious. Over."

"It's about Will. Over."

"What about him? Is it about Will's funeral? Over."

"No, Hai, not his funeral. Screw his funeral!"

"What? Mikey what's going on?"

"Can you just get over here please? And bring Dustin with. Over and out."

Hailey stared at the walkie in confusion, debating, whether she should go or not. She decided she'll let him know that she'll come over later, after she gets questioned by the police at school, because of Barb's disappearance.

*°••°*

Nothing felt the same as Hailey was walking through the school, looking for any familiar face. Hailey ended outside when she saw Steve and Nancy talking between buildings. Hailey wasn't the type to be noisy or eavesdrop on someone, but Nancy wasn't any other person, and Hailey wanted to hear if she had news on Barb.

She stood against the wall, to listen more clearly. "So, wait a sec. I don't understand. You went back to my house?" Steve asked, not understanding why she would go back there without him. "To look for Barb." Nancy said, making Hailey roll her eyes. "Yeah, okay, but why didn't you just talk to me? That's crazy!" Steve said. Hailey could tell he was upset, she would be too if she was in his shoes.

"I don't know. I... I was scared." Nancy said. Steve looking at her. "You seriously think you saw a guy in a mask just hanging in my yard?" He asked her. "I don't think it was a mask." Nancy stated, making Hailey look around the corner at them in question. "But he had no face?" Steve asked confused. "I don't know! I don't know, I just have a terrible feeling about this." Nancy stated. Hailey was starting to think everything is connected somehow, and that scared her, she was scared for the boys safety, even Eleven's.

"Oh, this is bad. This is really bad." Steve said leaning against the wall in frustration.

"What?" 

"The cops... they're gonna want to talk to all of us now. Tommy, Carol, Hailey, everybody who was at the party." Steve said in worry. "So?" Nancy couldn't understand why he was getting upset. "My parents are gonna murder me!" Steve stated in worry. Hailey envied him only able to worry about his parents scolding him, when there was something even bigger happening in this town.

"Are you serious right now?" Nancy asked, not believing her boyfriend's statement. "You don't understand. My dad's a grade A asshole." Steve told her. The Wheeler girl looked at him in disbelieve. "Barb is missing, and you're worried about your dad?" She asked. "Okay, just... Don't mention the beers. It's just gonna get us both in trouble, and Barbara's got nothing to do with it, okay?" Steve said as he took a step closer to her.

"I can't believe you right now. I can't believe you." Nancy said, walking away from him disappointed. "Nancy! Nancy, wait!" Steve yelled after her, but she just ignored him.

"Nancy!"

"Looks like the princess is upset." Hailey spoke up, making her presence known. Steve looked up at her.

"How much did you hear?"

"Everything." Hailey said honestly, she took a few steps closer to where he was standing. "And don't worry, I won't bring up the alcohol, I'll get in trouble too, you know." Hailey told him.

Steve gave her a thankful smile. "Why are you being so nice lately?" Steve asked her curiously. Hailey gave a chuckle, caught off guard with the question. "Let's just say I've seen passed that mask your always wearing, and the guy under isn't that bad." Hailey said with a smirk.

Steve wasn't sure what she meant by that, but he was grateful to have someone on his side. Hailey's charm has already taken effect on him, with neither of them taking notice.

"See you later, Harrington." Hailey said over her shoulder as she walked away, Steve staring at her.

*°•Unedited•°*