The man looked up at me. I hope he wasn't a bad guy. Well, this hell though. What are the chances of there being a good person here?

The piece of flat wood I was holding on to was starting to break because of the current and water was starting to go into my mouth. I started feeling light headed and I think I was going to faint in the water.

I saw the man look up from his book and then take off his clothes, probably so they won't get wet. My vision was kind of blurry, but I'm pretty sure this guy was fit. He was in his boxers when he got into the water and started to swim towards me.

The wood then breaks into pieces and I find myself under water, trying to swim. I moved my arms and legs around but nothing was happening. I needed air and when I opened my mouth, water came in and I couldn't breathe. I was drowning.

I felt something wrap around me but before I could make out what it was, I felt nothing and everything turned black.

___________________________________________

Lucas's POV:

I was reading my book in content until I heard somebody shouting. I seriously can't have any quiet time alone, can I?

"Hey, you!" A person said. That's a disrespectful way to address somebody, especially if it is addressed to me. "Help!"

The voice got closer so I made it out as a female's. I decided to look up from my book and I see a girl in the river struggling and hanging on to something for her dear life. Don't tell me she doesn't know how to swim? Also, this is hell. She couldn't die so why was she so scared?

I conclude that she's new to hell, seeing that her soul looked so bright and pure. She probably just recently died. Since she looks so scared, I decided to cut her some slack and rescue her.

Quickly, I stripped down my clothes and leave my boxers on to swim to her. When I reach her, she was already underwater. I dived down to get her and brought her back up. She already fainted and it's only been 30 seconds? This girl must be really weak.

I swim back to the shore to get a good glimpse at her and 'revive' her. I pushed on her chest to get the water out and gave her CPR. When I touched her lips, I felt a warm sensation run through me. I've kissed plenty of girls in the past but never have I felt it before. It sent a shiver through me, which was weird.

The girl coughed water out and regained her conscious. I noticed that her leg was bleeding. A lake demon probably bit her. I felt a sudden rush of anger through me.

Why was I getting so angry because this girl got bitten by a demon? She should've known better. I dismissed the thought and used my magic to heal her leg. The wounds closed automatically and there were two holes on her skinny jeans.

When she opened her eyes, I finally took in her physical appearance. She was petite and had an innocent look upon her. She was tan and her hair was black. I couldn't make out what hairstyle she had since it's wet but I could tell she had side bangs. Her eyes were a dark brown and her lips were a rosy color.

She was goddamn beautiful and I didn't like how I was attracted to her.

"Hey," I say, "Are you alright?"

She stares at me for a while and does a weak nod. I then pick her up bridal style and carried her to a cabin I go to when I want to be alone. When we reached there, I set her down and I see that she's regained her full conscious already. "Take a shower, okay?" I say gently to her and lead her to the shower. Usually, I would be mean to others but I couldn't do it to her. She looked too sensitive. Plus, I wouldn't want to startle her.