chapter thirty-one

"happy birthday, y/n!" her friends greeted in unison as soon as she opened their house's door. all of them were wearing party hats for children, food and gifts on their hands as their eyes shone brightly with excitement.

y/n opened the door widely, "come in."

"you're welcome!" venti giggled and marched inside the house, the others followed them.

y/n tilted her head with a smile, seeing albedo in his white ralph lauren polo shirt and dark gray trouser. his long slicked back blonde hair definitely finished his clean boy look. "hi."

her smile widened upon realizing that they were almost matching. she's also wearing a white ralph lauren but it was long-sleeved and she's wearing a black tight skirt. "are you nervous?"

"kind of.."

"ah, my mother's the kindest!" they both walked inside the house. "it's your first time being here, right?"

"mhm, where's —"

"oh, y/n!" their heads turned towards her mother, she's still wearing an apron but from the look of it, she was already wearing her attire underneath. her mother's hair was in a ponytail, giving everyone a view of her youthful and classic look. "food's ready. make sure to take care of your friends!" m/n went back to the kitchen again.

y/n looked at albedo, "that's mom."

"you look like her..."

"i've been told." she chuckled as they marched towards the dining room. a long rectangular dark walnut stain table with ten chairs displayed welcomed them. different cuisine, from seafood to desserts to sweet drinks were scattered across the table, almost occupying every part of it. "hey guys, just put your gifts on the couch."

"y/n, you cooked these?" lumine asked, sitting down beside hu tao.

y/n and albedo sat next to each other. "oh, i only did the baked sushi and the chocolate eclairs. the rest are made by mom."

"baked sushi!" venti exclaimed dramatically, "it reminds me of our middle school days."

"i know, i fell in love with mom's baked sushi, especially when you eat it with seaweed!" y/n chuckled. "still my favorite."