chapter eight

the next day, the class was instructed to conduct a visit to a local museum for their performance task in art covering the importance of such art displayed there in today's modern society.

"it's kind of annoying to have another project when the monthly exam is coming." hu tao whispered under her breath, rubbing her temple with annoyance.

y/n looked at her, "it is? i thought this would help us to relax a little bit." the yellow-ish light of the museum's hallway made her dusty rose sweater stand out.

"what? we're here for a project, y/n. you mustn't forget." her friend rolled her eyes. "where's venti and the others by the way?"

"don't mind them." y/n muttered, "they're hanging out with the jerk."

"what's wrong with albedo?"

they both stopped to take a glance at the painting; under it was the title 'jael and sisera'.

she pursed her lips, "everything is wrong about him, hu."

"really? don't you think he has some sort of liking towards you?" her friend questioned in an almost menacing tone which caused her to frown.

"he doesn't like me. it's all in your head, we clearly hate each other — despise to be exact." she answered but the memories from yesterday's so-called 'date' came through her mind causing her to innocently look away from her friend's suspicious stare.

hu tao clicked her tongue together, grabbing her phone from her pocket to take a picture of the painting. "you're not telling me something – but! it's alright! like, really i just know you."

y/n chuckled as they both continued to walk – the paintings hanging on the wall never failed to make her stare at them with so much love and admiration. "there's nothing to tell you."

"there is." the other one insisted. "you just won't tell me about it."

she stopped and looked at hu tao with pout on her lips, "we're not going to have a fight because of this, right?"

hu tao snaked her arm around y/n's shoulder, chuckling. "of course not! how could i fight with you, my sweet angel! i just know it would take forever for you to forgive me."

they both were laughing and taking pictures when hu tao excused herself to go to the comfort room; y/n did offer to come with her but hu tao refused, saying it was fine thus leaving y/n alone in the middle of the crowded museum. she couldn't find her other friends either, they must be on the other side but regardless of her social anxiety kicking in she continued to admire the paintings in utter silence.

she took a step forward then backward when a certain piece caught her attention. she faced it with curiosity written across her face, she inserted both of her hands in the pocket of her trouser thinking deeply — she was sure of it, she'd seen this painting before she just couldn't recall where and when.