chapter fifteen

a study group at albedo's house.

she stared at herself in the mirror; she was wearing a collared shirt under her navy blue sweater with a embroidered heart design on the left side in the same color of blue. her skirt was checkered in black and white, and she partnered it with her doc martens's platform shoes.

she let her hair hang loose on her shoulders as she wore a plain black headband. her earrings and necklace were both made from pearls. she sprayed her perfume lightly behind her ears and neck, on her collar, and on her wrists. after that, she checked her bag to see if everything is in there.

soon, she found herself meeting up with everyone in the convenience store.

"damn, thought y/n would not go with us." tartaglia muttered under his breath, gulping the lime drink he bought minutes after he arrived. "you look good, seatmate."

she looked at him up and down before rolling her eyes.

"ah, i really love your scent! it's your signature scent, y/n." lumine smiled; she was wearing a beige sweater and jeans, her hair was in a half ponytail. "a lot of our classmates made a remark about how good you smell. it feels like you're serenading us! can i give you a hug?"

"no, no, no! i will hug y/n first!" hu tao exclaimed.

"what?! i asked her first!"

"i will hug her first!"

"you can't hug someone without their consent!"

"she's literally my friend!"

y/n heaved a deep heavy sigh, "guys." she looked at them tiredly, "just hug me." she was wrong for that because soon, she was squished in the middle of these two energetic women who never stopped exclaiming and remarking about how good she smelled.

unbeknownst to them, venti took a picture and posted it in his story. "let's go guys, albedo is waiting for us."

shortly after that, they arrived at albedo's house. it was huge but simple – what piqued her interest was the garden blooming with different kinds of flowers, the wind was also fresh and gentle. her eyes were literally glued on the small gazebo in front of a pond with a fountain; she could sit there for hours while reading books and drinking coffee, she never knew that his house was this interesting.

"come on in." the door swung open, revealing albedo in a simple white shirt and black shorts; it suited him properly and he looked welcoming with his smile.

y/n immediately averted her gaze when she was caught by albedo looking at him; she could feel her cheeks heating up and her system coming to a malfunction. she walked past him. and albedo could do nothing but to curse in silence as soon as her enchanting scent invaded his nose; ah if this woman only knew how much her scent alone could turn him into a weakling – she's unstoppable.

they arrived at the living room with cozy sofas and a huge television, the table would serve as their writing place. each of them occupied a space on the marbled ground. "did i forget to mention that klee's here?"

"you did." venti replied with enthusiasm, his eyes practically smiling.

"sorry about that," albedo casually handed a pillow to y/n which she accepted because her body acted on its own. their friends stayed still and looked at one another with surprise, "but i assure you all, klee will not bother us." albedo, still unaware of how casually he did that, continued. he took the space beside y/n.

y/n on the other hand placed the pillow on her lap, straightening her back as she waited for her friends to speak but they were silent. they were talking with their eyes, they were flustered, they looked surprised — you name it!