chapter thirteen

"albedo and y/n," their teacher announced, proceeding to speak more to the class regarding the one thousand word formal essay which is needed to be done by pair except that they cannot use the internet to do that instead they need to create an essay about a 'book' in the library.

y/n sighed, staring at her seatmate, tartaglia who was almost dozing off. his hair was messy and he looked sluggish. "i have a coffee here, do you want some?"

her seatmate's expression brightened, "what did i just hear? was that really you?"

"forget it." she spat and turned her back against him but tartaglia persisted, holding her shoulder with that 'look' in his eyes. disgusted by it, she decided just to give him the coffee to make him stop.

her eyes accidentally looked at albedo's direction and for some reason, he was already looking at her; though his eyes were not communicating, the frown on his lips explained what he was feeling. confused, she glanced back at her book and pretended to be reading but in reality, the words were not bringing her to her magical world - they were mixing up through her head like some sort of puzzle.

that is until albedo walked toward her.

"what?" y/n raised her brow, hiding her already shaking hand under the book.

though his approach was gentle there was something missing. "do you mind if we finish the essay today?"

"today?" she leaned closer because she couldn't really hear him properly with the noise in the background.

"today."

she looked at him for a while. they could finish it today, sure thing but why was he rushing? does that mean he doesn't want to work with her any longer? or was he already fed up with her?

she gave him a hesitant nod, "sure."

"let's walk to the library together." he plastered a smile.

and they did; the walk was quiet but comfortable in any way. the wind, unlike yesterday, was gentle and calm - the way it brushed against her skin was lulling her into something unknown.

"do you want me to carry your bag? is it heavy?"

she pursed her lips. albedo...sounded like her boyfriend.

"no, not really. you can carry these books though." she gave him the books she was holding; silently praying that the blonde didn't notice her red cheeks but his chuckle was the sign that her prayer wasn't answered.

"you like classics?" he asked, pertaining to one of the books in his hand titled 'the picture of dorian gray'.

"i do." she replied, having the urge to mention her favorite author. "i love jane austen."