~ Broppy DATE 😃 ~

It's gonna be cute 😉

The day before the Royal Wedding...

Branch's perspective

"Okay," I told myself.  "How am I exactly gonna ask Poppy out?  I've been trying to figure it out for months now."

I thought about what she would say if I just went straight to the question.  No big deal, right?

WRONG.  Even though I knew she was sweet and loving, I didn't want to ruin our friendship.  We loved each other for a while, but I never built up the nerves to ask her on a date.

Okay, I'm gonna blow your mind right now: even though we never dated before (yet), I WANT TO MARRY HER LIKE RIGHT NOW.  Yeah, crazy. But if you see her from my view, she's so sweet and pretty, and I love her so much.  The most fun troll in Troll Kingdom, Poppy is a true Pop Village queen.  I've loved her for my entire life, even before my Grandma died.

So maybe I should try to put things together to make asking Poppy out on a date easier, I wondered.

In Colorado it was 6:30 in the morning and I've been up since 4:15 trying to figure out a way to ask my sweet love out without getting rejected.

I also couldn't think of a better time for us to go out together.  Bridget and Gristle are getting married the next day, and I really wanted to plan it before things got busy.  Bridget invited us to their honeymoon, which normally people wouldn't do.  It would be about two weeks long, and that would be too long to wait and ask Poppy out.

Okay, things suddenly got mixed up in my mind.  "I'm over thinking everything," I told myself.  "I need to calm down."

Calm down.  Breathe.

Okay.

I think I need to stop worrying about what to do and ask her just like that.

...

I got out of my bunker and looked around.  No sight of Poppy.  I kept looking.  Maybe she wasn't awake yet.

But that would be strange if she were still asleep.  That girl's normally up by 5:45 in the morning!

Suddenly someone grabbed me by my waist and whipped me around so I could face him.

Okay I correct myself: so I could face her.

It was Poppy.  I immediately became nervous.

"How long have you been awake?" she asked me, smiling.  Dang, she was beautiful.  "You look tired."

I shifted my foot a little bit.  "4:15.  I know, I don't wake up until 7 normally.  But there was something I wanted to ask you.  I kinda over thought it a lot..."

Poppy giggled.  "Of course you did.  What did you wanna ask?"

"What did I wanna ask?" I felt like I was blushing.  "Uh... I just..."

Poppy stared at me and didn't look away.  I sighed.

"Okay.  Poppy, will you go out with me?"

Poppy didn't seem to understand me.  "You mean hang out like we always do?  Of course!" 

"Um, I meant more than that," I gave her a smirk so she could take a hint.

Poppy then looked at me, shocked.  Her cheeks turned a darker shade of pink, then her lips curved into a smile.