|55| The way down

Start from the beginning

"Go find him inside and tell him he is here, I will stay with them." The man replies and the other nods before going in the direction of the club's door.

"Fucking assholes," Rick whispers for my ears only.

"Worst than that but tell me, what's going on? How much have you seen?" I get straight into it.

"I was inside, in your office when I saw them through the cameras. They barged in as if were holding the biggest drug operation inside. It was chaos, everyone panicked and they started to take every employee they found. I hid in the office for as long as I could, watching them but eventually, some found me and escorted me out." He explains everything that has happened till now.

"First the accounts and now this? Someone is going after us, it can't be a fucking coincidence." I say running my hand through my hair in frustration as I look around the place.

There are some people getting out of the club, they hold bags and many different items that I know are part of the club's decor.

"What the fuck are they even doing?" It doesn't make any sense. Why is that necessary?

"I don't know, they have taken furniture too," Rick replies as confused as I am.

"This is bullshit." I turn around to the policeman next to us. "Who the fuck is the officer in charge? I want to talk with them." I tell him but he doesn't even reply he just looks to the side.

"Carlos there's something more you should know..." Rick says as I also look to the side and find no other Nathan directly in front of me.

"Carlos, listen this isn't what it looks like-"

"You mother fucker!" I shout pushing him as hard as I can knowing that I just committed the biggest of mistakes but at this moment I don't give a fuck.

I'm being dragged away as fast as he recovers from my push. Men hold me back from my arms as I try to fight my way out. Rick who hasn't done anything is also dragged away.

"Let go of me!" I keep fighting my leg hurting like crazy.

"Be careful with his leg," Nathan tells them and my blood boils. If they let me go I'm not only going to push him I'm going to bash his head in. "Get him to the station, his friend too." He gives orders around not even bothering to look at me.

"I'm going to ruin your life you hear me! I will tell everyone!" I shout at him while the men cuff me. "If I'm going down you will go down with me!"

If he wants to play dirty I can play dirty too. He has gone too far. I don't care about his threats anymore. He is going down.

"Are you seriously going to arrest me!?" I keep shouting as the officers drag me farther and farther away. "Nathan!" I shout his name watching him walk towards some black cars. "You are going to regret this!"

"Get inside the car, sir. Don't make this more difficult than it has to be." One of the men dragging me away warns me.

"You will all regret this." I look directly at him as another officer tries to push me inside the car.

Rick is also being pushed inside and everyone stares at us in shock. I fight for as long as I can but when my leg starts to throb I stop because the pain is so intense I feel I might actually pass out.

Once inside I try to reach my pocket remembering that I haven't sent Mia that message but the damn cuffs are way too tight. I can barely move.

"Stop it." The policeman warns me again.

She is gonna kill me.

Author's note (slightly important)

As always if you are here ty for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Two updates in a row? I'm too nice. Jokes aside, I'm updating today because I wanted to thank everyone who commented over my little announcement yesterday and also in the chapter. It meant the world so this is my way of saying thanks. Hopefully I will get to see more comments of that new people <3

About this chapter... well I don't even know what to say more than shit is just getting started... brace yourself and remember that you all love me (at least a little bit.)

Extra love,
Maria