"Where exactly are you going dressed in that?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Club." She replied, playing with her fingers. The blush on her face deepened as she found me staring creepily. 

"Do they need a stripper?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"Fuck you." She showed me her middle finger.

Anytime, I wanted to reply. I didn’t, for obvious reasons.

"Well, if you're going to wear this, you better take this with you." I gave her the pepper spray I bought for her. 

"What's that? A pepper spray?" She eyed it suspiciously.

"Yes. And…" I pulled the pocket knife out of my pocket. "This too." 

She hesitantly walked towards me and took the knife from my hands. She then put both these things in her purse and sprayed perfume on her neck and wrists.

God, she is pretty. 

"Did you say something?" She asked.

"Nothing." I said and tore my eyes away from her. 

Once she was ready, she bid me goodbye and then left with her friend and Thomas. I didn't want her to go without me but I didn't want to come across as controlling and overbearing, though that ship has long sailed.

After she left, I tried to amuse myself with Netflix but to no avail. I then made myself a grilled cheese sandwich but I didn't feel hungry enough. 

I knew Thomas was there and he would protect her the best he can. But what if somebody distracts him and tries to harm her? The last time, both Thomas and I were with her but she still got kidnapped. What are the chances it won't happen again?

No, I won't follow her.

I should.

I won't. She will despise me for it.

It doesn't matter. Her safety is more important.

Is it really about her safety? Or is it because she looked like a goddess?

"Ah, fuck it." I groaned and stood up.

•°•°•°•

PENELOPE

For months, I have wanted to have one day of freedom away from Sean but now that he wasn’t here with me, I couldn’t keep my mind off him. His piercing eyes, his occasional smirk, his snarky one-liners, his infuriating presence, everything kept invading my thoughts and I kept comparing every guy to him. Damn him!

Thomas was standing near a pole, looking like a pole himself, his eyes plastered on me. He first insisted to stand closer to me but I refused which made him sulk. Who would approach me if I had a giant at my side?

“Why aren’t you dancing? Did you dress up like this to sit in a corner?” Mary hopped over to me and asked. She was wearing black leather pants and a baby blue silk camisole, looking absolute killer.

“I am not in the mood.” I replied.

“Oh come on Pen, stop thinking about all that mafia shit for tonight. You need to relax.” She said and then pointed to my left. “Look at that guy. He has been eyeing you since we came here. Talk to him.”

“But—”

“Look at him. Isn’t he a snack?” She winked at me. She was somewhat right, the guy was handsome, not as much as Sean though. Sean had a strange magnetism, a weird energy he oozes that makes every girl want him. For God’s sake, why do I keep thinking about him?

“Fine.” I walked towards that guy and introduced myself after taking the seat beside him. His name was Aaron and he was a software engineer. His skin was tanned, his jaw square and his eyes baby blue. While introducing myself, I carefully skipped the part after my Dad’s death. I wasn’t an expert on dating but even I knew it was third date material. He then asked me about my favourite drink and ordered it from me. 

I was about to pick up the glass when it was snatched from in front of me. My head whipped to my right where I found Sean towering over me. He emptied the glass on the floor and then placed it back on the counter, his eyes switching between me and Aaron.

“When I was telling you about survival skills, I considered you smart enough to know not to accept alcohol from a stranger.” He chewed his words.

“Who is he?” Aaron asked in a confused voice.

“Nobody.” I said and dragged Sean to a corner. It wasn’t easy considering he was almost double my size but he let me nevertheless. “Why are you here?” I glared at him.

“Thomas needed to be somewhere else right now.” He replied but I knew he was lying.

“Fine. Just stand here and act like you don’t exist.” I ordered him. He began to smirk so I added, “I am serious.”

“Sure.” He shrugged and leaned against the wall, looking so damn sexy that it was annoying.

Giving him a stern look, I walked back to Aaron and asked him for a dance. It was hypocritical of me to act like I was angry when in reality, seeing him made a strange rush of excitement through me. I hated that he was the one making me feel that way, none other than a ruthless criminal.

As I was walking with Aaron to the dance floor, I could feel Sean’s eyes on my back and it made me scoot closer to Aaron to irk him.

**********************************