二十五: The Elixir of Life

Começar do início

Junkyu saw small green strings of leaves hanging from the tree. They decorated the dark brown stem like jewels. Small flowers bloomed on the strings, like crystals on a gown. Of many different colors! However, Junkyu's eyes fell on the center of the tree. He saw, a small basin made with thousands such green strings filled with crystal clear pink liquid. All the fairies and butterflies seemed to safeguard the reservoir but as Junkyu took small steps towards it, they made way. As if they were waiting for such a man to invade their nest.

Junkyu stared at the liquid, standing still- so still that he saw his own reflection. His eyes were filled with wonder. He felt so safe there, so welcomed that for once, he felt like staying. But the next moment, he remembered why he went there in the first place.

He had a hunch that the pink liquid was what he was looking for.

So he extended his fingers to touch the protected, preserved liquid. He expected a cold touch, but the liquid was warm. Like the beating heart in his chest. Like his blood and tears. Junkyu focused on his reflection as he dipped his fingers in the strange liquid.

And then, like a thunderstorm, the liquid stirrd and swirled, pulling Junkyu's hand. Junkyu tried to set free, but the once warm liquid pulled him in, took him to the eye of the whirlpool. Before Junkyu got lost in it, he saw, for a split second, a face.

Jihoon's face.

And then he woke up.

He breathed hard, he still felt the fear of getting lost in the cyclone. He felt the rush in his blood, the image of the tree still afresh in his memory. With heavy breaths, he looked at his side- Jihoon was sound asleep, holding his waist. Junkyu focused. He was certain that he saw Jihoon's face at the last minute.

"Jihoon?" He called, lightly pushing his lover. Jihoon stirred and closed his lips. But nothing more.

"Hey, Jihoon? Wake up!" Junkyu pushed him again. And again. And one more time. Jihoon opened his eyes, still red from the impact of a deep sleep.

"What?" He asked, voice as rough as a dired up leaf.

"We need to talk to Yedam asap!" Junkyu answered. Jihoon took his phone and squinted his eyes to check the time. He looked at Junkyu in question, "It's 5 am."

"Yeah," Junkyu said, "But I need to talk to him. I think- I think I got something."

"What?" Jihoon asked. His voice so tired. He was still as sleepy as one could be.

"I'll tell you after I talk to him. Can you please call him for an appointment?"

"Now??" Jihoon asked, "He's probably sleeping."

"Then just text him!" Junkyu said, "We'll get ready in the meantime."

"Kyu, the sun is not up even!" Jihoon said, "Let's sleep a few hours more, hm?"

"You don't understand Jihoon!" Junkyu said, "I may have made the biggest discovery and I can't sleep without confirming it!"

"What is it then? Tell me." Jihoon asked, slowly getting free from him sleep.

"I don't wanna give you false hope, so I wanna confirm first." Junkyu replied.

"Just say it, it's okay." Jihoon said, "I'm curious."

Junkyu bit his lips, he really didn't wanna sound hopeful. But he was so excited and he couldn't keep it inside for long. So he opened up. He held Jihoon's shoulder and spoke with a grin on his face, "I think I found the elixir of life for me!!"

-

Junkyu shook his leg in anticipation. Beside him, Jihoon yawned a few times. Since he was awakened at an odd hour of 5, even after two hours and a full mug of coffee, he felt sleepy. They had gotten ready, according to Junkyu, and then rode straight to the city library. Although the place opens at 9, they called and requested Yedam for an early appointment. Sure enough, Yedam looked sleepy too, but for Junkyu he agreed. After all, Junkyu was an all time legend for him.