十二: The Bigger Secret

Jihoon could not forget the evening. Well, not particularly for the splendid view or precious memories. He was constantly reminded of his own action, the brave yet foolish attempt to kiss a guy not exactly his. On his way home, he had his head low; although Junkyu tried to lighten up the mood. He let Junkyu take a shower first, and think about what to do in the meantime. He found no solution. He only wished to turn back time and undo what he did- then again, the tingles on his lips every time he remembered the slight brushing against Junkyu's was fascinating.

They had dinner as per usual. Jihoon managed to avoid looking at Junkyu in the dinner table since his parents did most of the talking. Mr. Park liked the cheerful, innocent boy as well. The three kept talking as if they had known Junkyu for ages! Jihoon listened in a daze- how could he look at someone so friendly in such a different way? Junkyu maybe gay, but that didn't mean he can click with any guy. What if he felt uncomfortable? It's natural, since he already has someone in life.

"Jihoon?" Mrs Park called his son, who was lost in thoughts. Jihoon responded with a nervous smile. She asked what had been wrong with a gesture but Jihoon pretended like it was okay. Well, for one, Junkyu knew it wasn't. And it showed when Jihoon offered to sleep on the floor when they went to sleep.

"Why?" Junkyu asked in confusion.

"My bed is um... Kinda small." Jihoon made an excuse.

"Jihoon, the ones in your room are smaller." Junkyu said, "And we've slept on them, together." He emphasized on the last word, putting Jihoon to silence. The latter still fidgeted with his feet, so an impatient Junkyu pulled him hy the arm, "If you're doing this because of the kiss, I swear-"

"It wasn't a kiss!" Jihoon immediately protested, "And I'm sorry!"

Junkyu blinked, "Why- why would you say sorry for... Something like this?"

"Well, because... I don't know... Maybe you weren't supposed to like it?"

Junkyu chuckled. "Jihoon, if I don't like it, I won't let you do it. Rest assured."

"But then, I-"

"If you feel guilty about it, then just forget it. I'll think of it as a whim of the moment." Junkyu said. Jihoon sighed, "I'm still sorry, I shouldn't have... Forget it." He took his pillow from on the floor, "Scoot over, I'll sleep next to you."

Junkyu grinned, "That's more like it." He left enough space for Jihoon to lie on. They still maintained some space until the shower of words embraced them like old friends. They grew closer and closer and at one point, Junkyu put an arm around Jihoon's waist. The latter only slightly flinched. He did like it though, as he soon reciprocated. Junkyu felt too comfortable in that secured hold, he soon started snoring. However, Jihoon... He was still deep in thoughts- he kept thinking about Junkyu. His innocent eyes, pretty lips, bubbly personality and shoot! He shouldn't have looked at the sleeping boy! Junkyu had his cheeks squished on Jihoon's chest, eyes fluttering and lips in a pout. He looked so so adorable that Jihoon wanted to keep him like that forever.

He whispered in Junkyu's ears, "Kyu, are you sleeping?" No response. Jihoon spoke again, "You'll probably dislike what I'm going to say, but I think- if I don't, I won't have a chance to let you know... How I feel about you."

Jihoon leaned up, enough to softly peck on Junkyu's cheeks. The younger's stirred at that, but didn't wake up. Jihoon watched him with eyes full of love, "I don't know why you came to me, with thousands of other places you could have gone to. But I'm thankful to the heavens that you did. You're the only guy who keeps me worrying about them, who makes me smile, blush because I'm embarrassed, nervous because I wanna hold you tighter. You're handsome, I get that, but I don't think that's why I like you so much."