Chapter 11

All I can see is his fangs before the darkness consumed me.

»»————- Alec's POV ————-««

I watch as Aster, the mundanes and my sister fade from view, going to that thing the annoying mundane calls van. I decided not to go with them because, One. I'm not in the mood to hear more mundane nonsense. Two. I'm especially not in the mood to deal with that mundane kid. Three. I need to understand everything we just learned from Brother Jeremiah.

If Aster is not a Nephilim, we need to figure what she is, but at least we have clues now, few, but it's something, and somehow she is connected with the Heavenly Prophecy, and if there's a way to end The Incursion, then i'm going to figure it out. Not only for that, but because I promised her I'd help, and I'm person  who keeps his promises.

I'm still looking towards where she went, when I hear some rustling behind me, coming from the City of Bones. I jerk my head towards it, and see Jace and the redhead annoying girl coming out of the gates. I pull away from the fence wall and go meet them. I can tell something is wrong by their bewildered expressions.

"What happened? What did you find out?" I query them, my eyes locking onto Jace's.

"Valentine is Clary's father." Jace breathes to me, and my eyes narrows at this. I always suspected something was wrong with this girl.

"Wait a minute." I begin, attentive. "You're telling me this girl shows up out of nowhere, and she's Valentine's daughter?" I ask Jace, obviously accusatory and skeptical. My eyebrows raising with every word I say. "Did it occur to you that she might be a spy? This might be part of her plan?" I quickly point out, he can't be that stupid to think she's innocent.

"That's enough Alec." He defends her, stepping forward, shielding her from me. This makes my heart ache from betrayal, but I don't let it show. He's supposed to be at my side, we're Parabatais after all. My eyes narrows even more.

"Do you think I planned for my mom to get kidnapped? Or.. or for Dot to be taken? Or to have a giant sword dangle over my head and find out that my father is one of the most dangerous people in the world?" She quickly exclaims to me, breathing trembling. I internally roll my eyes at her but don't make any comments. If she's lying, I'm going to find out. There's a moment of silence, before she opens her mouth again.

"Where's my friends?" She asks, searching for them with her eyes. I stay quiet, cause I'm not in in the mood to explain what the mundane is doing, especially for her. "Where's Simon?" She tries again, urgent, looking ahead. I glance behind me, and Izzy is moving towards us, with worried eyes, alone. My eyes search for Aster, but she's nowhere to be seen, this makes me high alert.

"I told them to stay in the van. I've searched everywhere." My sister tells us, panting. My eyes widens at this, and I start frantically looking around.

"They're gone?" Clary asks, incredulous.
"I can't find them." Izzy sighs at her.

"You were supposed to protect them!" She shouts at Izzy, dashing off looking for her friends, calling their names, with her strident voice.

"Ugh, these mundanes are killing me." Jace mumbles, sighing, and rush after Clary, Me and Izzy following with quick steps.

But when the mundane's van come into view and I can see the doors wide open and no one around it, my steps quicken, and I start to sprint towards it. When we get to the van, my heart is racing, and we're all panting.

"Simon? No, no!" Clary desperately yells. I quickly grab my stele, to draw a vision rune, to enhance my sight, but my movements are paused when I hear a man shouting "Is that the mundane's name?" We all jerk our heads towards the sound, there are three people on top of a bridge, two of them holding each Simon and Steph upside down. But my eyes falls on the man whose voice belongs to, holding Aster by the throat, and I can tell she's unconscious. My blood starts to boil, but I try to keep thinking straight, I can tell they're Vampires and if we do anything to harm them, we'd be violating the accords.