I tried to teleport but nothing happened. I tried to shift and I couldn't. All my gifts from the Moon Goddess were useless. It must have been wolfsbane.

Before I had another thought, someone knocked at the door. Before I could say anything, the door was opened. There stood a tall man looking at me like I was his meal ticket.

"Hello. My name is Evan. Let me know if I can get you anything," he said with a wide grin.

"I think I'm good unless you're going to let me go," I said.

He laughed. "Not a chance princess. One of those doors is a bathroom if you need it."

"What about my kids? Where are they?" I asked.

"As far as I know they are fine. They're not here if that's what you were thinking," he said.

"Thank the Goddess. I'm actually hungry," I said.

"What can I get you? A sandwich? Burger and fries? Cereal? Whatever you want," he said.

"I'll take the burger," I said.

"Fries? Shake?" He asked. "We heard you like shakes."

"Chocolate if you could," I said.

"Coming right up," he said, then heads out the door.

When he arrives with my food, a very angry Jace shows up with him. I know he's not really there, but I nearly dropped my tray in shock.

As soon as Evan closed the door he turned to me. I told him that I can't mindlink so he asked if I was ok with his hands. I nodded. He then mimes, "you stay and eat while I go look around." I nodded again and picked up my burger.

He still isn't back by the time I finish eating. Evan came in and got my tray. I'm feeling restless so I go take a shower. Jace appears when I'm almost finished. He has a smile on his face but I balk.

"I am not fooling around with you in here," I said.

His face falls but he continues to watch me. I tease him a little since there's nothing else to do. His smile returns until we hear a noise outside. He disappeared and I know he went to check it out.

I get out of the shower and dry myself off. I wrap the towel around me and step into the bedroom. There was a fresh set of clothes laid out on the bed for me. I got dressed then waited for Jace.

I was sitting on the bed when Jace started sending pictures to me. They were all of Evan. I saw him and Katie, then finding the Moon God book, hooking up with Felicia, then taking me, his plans with others I didn't know.

I got up and banged on the door. Evan yelled, "back up." I did as I was told and he opened the door. Jace came in with him looking thunderous.

"What do you need," he asked.

"I want to know what you want with me," I said.

"We don't want anything from you. You're just a means to an end," he said.

"This is about Jace, isn't it?" I said.

"Of course it's about him. Who else is there?" He asked.

"He won't let you get away with this. He's probably on his way now," I said.

"That's what we're counting on sweetheart. This entire place has been warded against him. Once he sets foot in here, he will be stripped of his powers," he said. "Then I will take over."

"You can't possibly think that's going to work. He has followers all over the world," I said.

"And yet, I got you," he said. "I guess that proves I don't need much support to bring him to his knees."