[Shut Up] Rodimus x Minimus MTMTE

Also wrote this on a whim!

This is unedited/unrevised so I apologize for any grammar mistakes.

Happy reading!

(Rodimus x Minimus)

1166 words

~~~~

"Do you always talk this much?" It was said teasingly, Rodimus knew. He didn't let it sting.

"Yes," he replied, easily, turning to the smaller, green mech at his side. He grinned gleefully, and felt a sense of pride when Minimus smiled back. "You like it."

"I do," Minimus laughed a little, smacking Rodimus' arm lightly.

Rodimus smiled, over dramatically rubbing the place were Minimus had hit him. It made him happy, hearing that. He was often chastised for being "too much" and "overbearing". He didn't mean to, it was just how he was. He didn't know how to help it. He was glad Minimus didn't think he was to much. Well, most of the time, anyways.

"But, you know..." Rodimus started, snickering to himself, "if you ever feel the need to shut me up yourself, please do," he waggled his eyebrows suggestively, bursting out in laughter when Minimus gave him an unamused, mildly disgusted look.

"You're terrible," the little green mech said, though still smiling, trying to stifle his laughter. "If you're going to talk as much as you do, at least make good jokes," he taunted playfully.

Rodimus let out a startled, again over dramatic, gasp, "Woah, woah, woah!" He exclaimed, slapping a hand over his chassis. "That's a harsh insult, Magnus! I'll have you know that my jokes are of the utmost quality! They are divine!"

"I'm surprised you know what those words mean," Minimus snickered, swatting away Rodimus' hand when the larger mech tried to flick him.

"I'm surprised you knew what my joke meant," Rodimus retorted. Minimus was usually clueless when it came to sexual innuendos like that. Maybe Rodimus truly was rubbing off on him.

"Oh," Minimus said shortly, sighing, "haha, how funny," he said dryly. He was still smiling, though.

"You know, I'm not as stupid as you make me out to be," Rodimus pouted, though there was still a playful glint in his optics.

"You sure?" Minimus supplied, playing into the red mechs game.

"Uh huh," Rodimus couldn't keep himself from grinning. He turned fully, grabbing a hold of Minimus' hips, "guess what?" He asked, leaning in closer.

Minimus didn't move away, manually filtering out the warnings popping up on his HUD stating something was breaching his personal space. Something had breached the suit. "What?" He asked, letting Rodimus guide him further back onto the ground, until his back was pressed against the dirt. Under normal circumstances, he would think this is utterly disgusting. His HUD was blaring warnings that he was touching some uncleanly and that he needed to be decontaminated immediately. Under normal circumstances, he would have listened, keenly taking action. However, these weren't normal circumstances.

Rodimus' optics lit up with joy as he leaned in closer, hovering over Minimus with their chassis' pressed together. "I'm proud of you," he said at last, grin growing impossibly bigger.

Magnus just stared at him for a moment, unblinking. Something foreign swelled in his spark; something, under normal circumstances, he would have flagged as a malfunction he needed to get assessed by a medic. These were not normal circumstances.

Instead, he smiled, letting his optics dull in tranquil stillness. "Thank you," he whispered, as Rodimus leaned up to kiss the bridge of his nose.

Rodimus hummed in response, deep and calm, reverberating through his body and sending vibrations to Minimus' armor where they touched. "Don't thank me," his grin faded into a soft smile, kind and far to genuine. He settled down lower, curling around Minimus, peppering gentle kisses onto the smaller mechs face.

Minimus didn't respond, letting Rodimus do as he pleased. He let the warmth overtake him, barely straying away from the clutches of recharge. His optics dimmed further as some of his systems shut down and others went on reserve power.

Under normal circumstances, his systems provided again, this would be abominable. He was out of the Magnus armor, with another bot none the less, lying in the dirt with said other bot breaching his personal space, on the verge of recharge.

This was no normal circumstance, he reminded himself; and he was with no other bot.

"You know, I should be the one thanking you," Rodimus said, breaking the silence. Minimus didn't have time to respond before Rodimus started up again. "You're the one who gave me a chance—"

Minimus could feel the tangent coming. "Rodimus."

Rodimus did not stop talking, "and I know I messed up bad,"

Minimus brought his servo up to cup the larger mechs jaw as he turned his helm.

Rodimus still didn't stop talking, "and without you—"

Minimus pressed a kiss to the others lips, effectively shutting him up.

Rodimus reciprocated immediately, seeming completely forgetting about what he was just talking about.

Minimus' systems were blasting alerts, and he blissfully ignored them. He needed to talk to Ratchet about that. By the way Rodimus talked he was sure that wasn't normal. Which, he had thought it was. His systems hadn't always been like that, just gotten worse as he aged, even before the Magnus armor. However, the Magnus armor did definitely exemplify them. He probably should have guessed it wasn't normal sooner.

Minimus pulled away after a moment, sucking in a vent. "Shut up," he supplied, letting his helm fall back to the ground comfortably.

Rodimus just stared at him for a moment, unblinking. Then, a dopey smile spread across his face, "yeah, Mins, you can do that as often as you want. No objections here."

"I don't think it's very professional to shut my superior up by kissing him every time I want him to be quiet," Minimus replied duly, letting his optics shut off with Rodimus' smile seared into his mind.

Rodimus snorted, "I'm your partner, not your superior."

"You're both," Minimus cringed at his own words. Fraternization with superiors was definitely against the code of conduct.

"Oh, okay, then," Rodimus said, tongue-in-cheek, though there was still an impish tilt to the words. "I'm your partner before your I'm your superior, how about that, then?" He snarked, patting Minimus' chassis.

"Is that an order?" Minimus smiled.

"Do you want it to be?" Rodimus replied.

Minimus thought for a moment, leaving a moments pause. "No."

"Okay," he could practically feel Rodimus' smile, "then I'm just your partner before I'm your superior. Love is more important than work. Yeah?"

"Yeah," Minimus replied, feeling Rodimus' weight settle back on top of him. "I think I can live with that."

Love. A feeling of giddy joy spread throughout him at the thought.

"I'm sure you can," Rodimus replied. He shifted to he could tuck his face into the crevice of Minimus' neck. "I believe in you."

Minimus tilted his helm to allow for room, snaking an arm around the larger mechs waist to hold him there.

"I love you," Rodimus whispered back, breathing in deep against the cables of Minimus' neck.

"I love you," Minimus whispered back, turning to press a kiss to Rodimus' forehead.

Love. What an interesting thing.