╰─➢ 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟎𝟓

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[ 📝 ] : 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐉𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

❛ There are two kinds of lies;
One concerns an accomplished fact.
The other concerns a future duty. ❜
〔 Jean-Jacques Rousseau,
"Emile, or on Education" 〕

𝐓𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐔𝐒, 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟓

"HMM? WHAT BRINGS YOU HERE, young Forger?"

Excusing yourself to pee before actually seeing the bulletin, you came to see this elegante-obsessed man. You have the best guess that the both of you failed the interview. So you had to resolve in meeting this man in private to discuss something.

"I have a question, sir. If you don't mind." You wrote down in your notepad, disregarding any formalities and got straight to the point.

The man huffed and adjusted his monocle. "Hmm, Forger wasn't bluffing about you being apathetic and calm. But I suppose I can entertain your curiosity for a minute, Miss Y/N. What is your inquiry?"

"Are there other ways to get in Eden Academy?"

He looks rather perplexed at your bold question, if you haven't seen the acceptance lists yet then why ask him as such? "What do you mean, Miss Forger?"

"I know we failed the interview. The old pig was in charge, if it was you I bet we would've passed."

"Hmm? What makes you think I would give you and your sister a passing mark, Miss Y/N?"

"Why? Unlike the old pig, you have values you project in this assessment. You value elegance and the pride of Eden College, do you not? I believe we have these qualifications, and you won't turn blind eye to these aspects. So yes, I know you would."

E-Elegant! Even her handwriting is neat! How can this child be so different from her not elegant sister?!

Composing himself, he coughed. "Astute observation, Miss Forger. Yes, you and your sister failed. However, do not take it to heart. I will meet your family before you leave this institution, I have good news to bring."

He left it at that, and you reluctantly went back to your family with a doubt planted on your mind. 'Why can't he say to me? Does he really need to talk to us?'

Along the way, you felt the familiar odious feeling of someone watching your every movement. But unlike in the assessment, this one feels more foreboding.
It wasn't out of scrutiny, this one is. . . menacing and sinister. As if deterring you by its minatory gaze, attempting to break down your imperturbable face.