Crush

Hello everyone!

I guess this is my version of Ramadan special, three updates in a row :) To everyone who celebrates this holy festival, Eid Mubarak! This update is pretty long! Enjoy!

Meerab had a hard time getting her dupatta pinned in, the fabric was heavy and her dress was restricting her from moving freely. She muttered under her breath frustrated. It was Haya's engagement today. Finally, she thought relieved. One less person to worry about who was out to sabotage her life. If only she could get someone to help her out. Where was Feena she wondered.

Murtasim watched his wife wrestle with the fabric of her dupatta from his spot on the couch. He was amused by her frustration but decided to help her. "Meerab", he said coming closer to her, "Do you need help?", he asked with a twinge of amusement in his voice. Meerab narrowed her eyes at him trying to gauge his motive but decided to accept his offer as it was getting late for the ceremony. "Get behind me and hold the dupatta in place like this", she said as she guided his hands to her shoulder. He did as he was told.

Suddenly Meerab realised he was too close. Her heart beat faster when she saw his intense stare at her back through the mirror. The back which was currently bare as she hadn't tied her dori yet. "Pi..pin the fabric ther..e", she said stammering a little and handed him the pin. Murtasim slowly took the pin from her, holding her gaze in the mirror. She shivered slightly when his hands touched her bare skin as he pinned the dupatta in place. By now her breathing had gone ragged and she felt flustered.

Murtasim leaned closer to her ear and whispered, "Make sure you cover up your back. I don't want anyone else to see it", he said possessively and left. Meerab sat down on the couch and clutched her heavily racing heart.

--------

Meerab was talking to some of her relatives when she caught sight of her husband all dressed up. He looked handsome in his navy blue Kurta she thought and then shook her head. No Meerab remember he's a male chauvinist so you should stay away from him, she told herself. But her eyes seemed to have a mind of their own and kept on glancing his way.

Murtasim saw his wife and was blown away again by her beauty. She looked stunning in that golden lehenga and shone like a star in an otherwise dark sky. He had eyes only for her and he saw her looking his way a few times. Once when she caught his eye she had pretended not to have noticed him, he chuckled at her obvious acting. He winked at her, her eyes widened and he saw her hurrying from there. God he loved her, he thought fondly.

---------

"Meerab do you see the girl in the blue salwar? She's Ayesha, you guys used to play together when you were kids", Mariam said pointing at a young woman, "She used to be bhai's good friend too. Do you remember?", she asked her innocently. Meerab looked at the said woman surprised. Ayesha, she hadn't given her much thought after she had moved to Karachi. She had grown up to be a beautiful woman she noted. And about her being Murtasim's friend. Her eyes narrowed, she remembered alright. How can she forget?

"Hmm, I remember her Mariam. But what is she doing here? I thought she had moved from here after her marriage?", she asked curiously. "She got divorced few months ago and had moved back home. Bhai invited their whole family to the engagement", she said uneasily noticing Meerab's eyes going darker and darker with each words she said. "Of course he did", she said with a tight smile.

---------

Meerab was feeling miserable. She glared at the laughing figure of her husband and Ayesha. Just when she had gotten rid of one of her husband's obsessed followers, another one cropped up, she thought sulkily. This one's worse, this one gave her an actual reason to worry. She huffed and left her post when she saw Murtasim smile widely at Ayesha. He wasn't supposed to smile at another woman like that. She felt disheartened and to be completely honest, jealous.