lion king!

so, i've had lion king tickets for the north american tour since like 2019, and only now was i finally able to see it, (thanks covid!)

i've always had high expectations for this show, i mean, it's not #1 in america for nothing so when today came i was excited.  lion king is such a classic, and i was so excited to see all the puppets and music and everything that made the musical what it is.

fun fact: my first musical was lion king, actually.  when i was eight i did a junior performance.  so, with that, this whole musical just sent flashbacks to my brain.  i remembered all the songs and what i was etc.  it was great.

the costumes? amazing. the voices? flawless. it felt like i was listening to a cast recording, like that's how flawless it was.  they were all perfect.  the songs? great. like, i was getting flashbacks to my time in the junior production.  it was fun to see all the animals in the circle of life, and like i said, the puppets were gorgeous.  i'm in love with the cheetah.

we had balcony seats so while i wasn't up-close, i could see everything. 

i laughed every time they roared though. like, they get paid to roar and idk it was just funny. 

the theater i saw it at is also the same one i do my dance recitals at, so i can proudly say that i will be dancing on the same stage that the cast of lion king and hamilton did and i feel like thats something.

i don't have much to say other than it was amazing.

(these were my seats!)