Chapter 19

After they were done eating, Xichen approached Lan Zhan who was about to help the servants in cleaning, "A-Zhan, can we talk?" said Xichen, he couldn't keep it to himself anymore of what he did for Lan Zhan back at Cloud Recesses. Lan Zhan stopped in his tracks and quickly faced Lan Xichen, "is it serious? Are you leaving?" he asked worriedly, "no.. No no. Of course not. I just want to talk with my little brother. Show me the seaside?" asked Xichen and Lan Zhan nodded.

Xichen knew Wuxian was listening to them. He eyed the latter who was leaning on the wall in a distance looking at them, he sighed, closing his eyes before gathering composure and followed Lan Zhan to the back of the temple, on the way he took his bunny companion out form it's cage (they cage the bunnies at night then let it go to another mini garden which is specifically for Wuxian's bunny now shared with Lan Zhan's), he petted it and bought it with him for comfort,he showed Xichen the seaside.

It was beautiful at night, corals under the moon looked like they were glowing- well, they were. The smooth breeze of the sea at night plus the gentle waves made it more easing, a good place to talk.

Lan Zhan faced his brother, "what is it you want to talk about, Xichen Xiong?" asked the latter while the bunny layed comfortable in his arms.

Without them knowing though, someone followed them. He hid behind the tree and looked at Lan Zhan who was holding a bunny while looking at his older brother. He was careful not to make even a single sound.

"A-Zhan, you can go back to the Cloud Recesses. I miss you.. And.. I can assure you, you will not get punished."

The person behind the tree almost gasped but he composed himself and stayed quiet, listening to their conversation. "how are you so sure? For sure the Elders already have something in mind." Lan Zhan said, a hint of sadness in his voice. Xichen nodded no.

"the night you snuck out from Cloud Recesses, some of our men saw the unconscious juniors on the ground, they took care of them and once they woke up, they told us what had happened, well.. They told the elders and others, but once they left they told me the real story for the reason they cannot keep anything from me for I am your brother and clan leader. So.."

Then Xichen went on, how he was raged and took the Elders rights to even make a decision for the Lan Clan, now they are nothing and no one higher than Lan Xichen, they can suggest what to do but they will not declare it unless the leader says so. Xichen wouldn't hear a word of their plead to him. They have pushed Lan Zhan too far to the point he needed to force himself out of Cloud Recesses.

And Xichen came to the point his patience snapped.

Lan Zhan was speechless, he didn't know what to say, now that he knows when he returns to Cloud Recesses there will be no punishment for him, he can return without worry but at the same time he didn't want to leave Wei Ying, Wei Yuan and the people here, even if he was shy, he was in good terms with the Elders in this village and even the servants. Xichen knew what was going on in his brother's head, he let out a soft smile.

"Wangji, what is The Yilling Patriarch for you?" asked Xichen, "I.. Don't know.." he said, closing his eyes. He was suffering with such confusing feelings. "well, what do you think of him? What do you feel when you are around him? And A-Zhan, this is not a good time to be stubborn. It's just you and me here, and I Am your brother." Xichen reassured, emphasizing the I.

Wangji sighed.. "I don't know what Wei Ying is for me. But when I'm with him my heart beats faster and unlike towards others, I'm more sensitive when I am with him. But I have these weird thoughts that I want Wei Ying to hold me and never let go.. It's weird.. We're both guys..?" Lan Zhan explained, he wasn't good with words. "there is one thing that I'm afraid of what it means..", "what is that?", "love, brother. But I am naive.. I only read those love stories in books."