Chapter 17

"Wei Y-Ying.." mumbled Lan Zhan which Wei Ying responded with gently caressed his cheek, "Lan Zhan?" he mumbled back.

"I will give you time... Just.. Please don't leave me.." he said, hugging Lan Zhan's waist and burying his face on the crook of his neck. Lan Zhan closed his eyes, he really really wanted to say something but he cannot find the words. The CORRECT words.

But he felt a tingling sensation on his stomach, he felt at ease for the moment, feeling Wei Ying's warmth(even if he's cold bodied).

"Wei Ying." Lan Zhan called, "Hm?" Wei Ying hummed in a husky tone, "I'm sick.. You should get off me.." he admitted, his ears still red. "I don't care." Lan Zhan just sighed and let silence eat them.

As later, they dozed off from who knows when.

——————

The next day.

"Rich-gege!!" shouted Yuan who ran towards Lan Zhan once Lan Zhan stepped foot on the Dining Chambers. Wen Ning and Qing bowed to him which he returned the gesture. "We heard from Father Ying you are sick :<" uttered the smaller kid. "mn." Lan Zhan gave a little nod.

"after eating you should drink medicine, Hanguang-Jun. I will give you some." Wen Qing said, inviting them to the table, once they settled down, they ate and as usual, Yuan was the host today, telling them about his studies and how kind the other kids were towards him, and also saying he's excited because he's going to practice how to use talismans next week, the Elders were happy for him, the Little Bundle of Joy's topics were never boring to them. Wuxian was silent but he was inwardly smiling. It was a long time since he smiled so softly and genuine, Lan Zhan on the other hand was avoiding eye contact with Wei Ying.

He doesn't want to become another ripe tomato in front of his family. Wen Ning was beyond happy when he noticed Wuxian smiling so genuinely.

After they were done, as usual Servants and Granny Wen cleaning the table.

———————————————————————————————————

Lan Zhan was peacefully sitting on the bench, looking at the sky while cleaning his mind off of everything, every stress and pain he felt, he was feeling a little bit better with Wen Qing's medicine. He was having his peaceful moment when Wen Ning with Wei Yuan came and filled the atmosphere with happy chirps. "Rich-gege, I forgot to tell you!" he said and took his hand out behind his back which was holding a white bunny.

"They were taking care of your bunny the whole time along with Father Ying's bunny!" he chirped and Lan Zhan cooed, gently taking the bunny while inviting the two to sit down beside him. Wen Ning was smiling and playing with the black bunny which Lan Zhan assumed was Wei Ying's.

"all this time this bunny is here... I thought I lost it.. He was my companion in traveling to find Wei Ying." Lan Zhan chuckled softly and they played with the two bunnies who seem happy to be touched by them. It was a cute moment,

"Master Wei's presence was requested to a nearby village so he will be gone for the day and probably come back late at night, he wanted to let you know that he is sorry for not telling you goodbye before departing. It was urgent," Wen Ning explained and Lan Zhan quickly understood. "he also has strictly ordered every disciple and juniors to keep an eye on the Moon Bridge and the forests so you won't escape so I advice you should behave, Hanguang-Jun. Master Wei happens to tell me what happened between you too, and I'm happy that he is happy." added Wen Ning, both of them watching Yuan who leaped away from the bench to feed the bunnies in a distance.

Lan Zhan nodded and inwardly smiled, Wei Ying was happy. But he suddenly got curious,

"hasn't he always been happy? I mean, he is with you, his family?" asked Lan Zhan which earned him a no nod from Wen Ning. "ever since you stopped visiting us back at Burial Mounds, Master Wei became even colder than before. It was like he was so close to us yet so far. And when Qing-Jie tried to convince him to sort out his feelings, Master Wei declined. He said it was a waste of time.. And knowing Master Wei's short-temper, he wasn't the person to put his feelings first. He focused on us on how we will survive back then. Yes he was happy but— if I were to be honest... He was happier with you."