Chapter 5

Author's POV

The same night, Wangji went up the hill from Cloud Recesses and saw a bunny. It looked alone and the other bunnies which Wei Ying gave him were gone, they probably left this poor guy..

Wangji took it in his arms and leaped away. "Bunny, you will be my companion throughout my journey." he said, patting it as he flied on Bichen.

It felt too cold even in Lan Zhan's 3 layers robe, it felt cold. He saw the nearby town and made his way there and went straight in an inn.

While sitting down and waiting for the worker to approach him, he embraces the rabbit in his arms. Then the worker approached him, "what would you like to have, Hanguang-Jun?" the shop worker asked in a polite manner.

"Kung Pao Chicken." He answered and looked at the shop worker. "and do you have something for the rabbit?" he said showing the rabbit and the shop worker nodded.

Minutes later he came back with a tray of Kung Pao Chicken and some rabbit food and tea. Lan Zhan said his thank you and started eating dinner. Placing the rabbit on the table and watch it eat the rabbit food he got.

After eating, he paid the shop worker and asked if there's a free room in their inn and the shop worker was more than happy to serve Thee Hanguang-Jun the finest single bedroom. Lan Zhan thanked him again and went up with the rabbit which they were led to a room.

He went inside and it was fine. He doesn't really care about the design. As long as he has something to sleep in in the night.

Letting the bunny roam free in the room, he took out his robes, leaving him in his inner robes, but he also took that off and got the free sleeping robes which was folded neatly on the bed. He flopped down leaving his forehead ribbon beside his pillow and slowly drifted to wonderland while thinking.

Wei Ying.

(you can imagine on Wei Wuxian's side he's facing left and Lan Zhan is facing right so technically they're facing each other.)

The first thing at 5am when Lan Zhan woke up is to meditate, activate his cells, spiritual energy and clear his foggy mind. Once he did all that at exact 7am after taking a warm bath, freshen up and wore his robes and forehead ribbon once again and started finding for the bunny that he left roaming around. He then found it lying on the floor. In a corner of the room was the bunny's urine and poop.

Lan Zhan blinked, he didn't have the materials to clean that up so he just left it for the shop workers to clean. He'll just tip them.

He picked the bunny up gently and made his way down stairs,

The shop workers looked at the direction of Hanguang-Jun with all his glory walking down the stairs and looked at the workers who were cleaning and preparing and obviously is hearing the cooking utensils clang as they were cooking.

Lan Zhan comfortably sat on a spot and a shop worker immediately approached him, "Hanguang-Jun," Lan Zhan looked at him and knew immediately why he was here for.

He only ordered tea and hot soup and of course, rabbit food! Once the order arrived he ate while the bunny ate too. Once he was again done, he paid the staff behind a counter and asked.

"did you somehow see the Yilling Patriarch?" he asked, the shop worker looked at him and politely shook her head. "we have heard from him at least a year ago, now we do not know where or how he is, we are sorry, Hanguang-Jun." Thought she was curious why the Second Jade was looking for the Yilling Patriarch, she couldn't dare to offend The Jade and kept silent.

"mn.. I see. Can you please give me Ten Hot Baozi and a pack of rabbit food?" the shop worker nodded and later he took the packed Hot Baozi and rabbit food that were in one plastic and bowed goodbye as he continued his journey to find Wei Ying.