Chapter 12

Wuxian dismissed them right at lunch time as they get half a day to mentally prepare and rest for tomorrow's start of classes.

Wuxian went towards the sleeping pieces of sun and moon. He stopped and observed them, Lan Zhan looked peaceful, and Yuan. He tried pi kigg Yuan up but Yuan tugged on Lan Zhan's sleve, cuddling on his lap closer to the sleeping latter. He blinked twice, Lan Zhan's here, does that mean Yuan forgot Wei Ying was his father? He childishly pouted his lips but got an idea.

He gently lifted Yuan up without pulling him away from Lan Zhan's robes, then he placed him on top of Lan Zhan's laps. He snaked his arms under Lan Zhan's legs and back then lifted him up.

He carried the two, and anyone who would look at them would mistake them as a family with the biological child Yuan and the child holder Hanguang-Jun. He made his towards Lan Zhan's
Bed Chamber. He pushed open the door with two fingers, walking inside and placing the two on bed. But Lan Zhan felt the cradling so he woke up when Wei Ying was putting them down. Wei Ying noticed those golden orbs looking right at him.

"Wei Ying." he uttered, Wei Ying's crimson red eyes locked with golden ones. They had a staring contest for a while before Yuan stirred in his sleep, "mmh.. No! I want Rich-gege to be my..." he continued to softly snore.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan wondered what he wanted Lan Zhan to be, but they shrugged it off and Wei Ying sat down on the bed, looking out the glassed window. "Wei Ying," Lan Zhan called again, "yes?" asked Wei Wuxian.

"this is a soon-to-be Clan.. Right? What are the rules?" he asked innocently, making Lan Zhan scoff. "why, di you want to be the Head of The Disciplinary here?" he chuckled, "no. You are here to rest, not to Work." but Lan Zhan wasn't used to it. "but Wei Ying, I'm not used to not doing anything.." he pleaded with his eyes which Wei Ying didn't want to lose to.

Then he remembered his Village's papers. "you can help me sort and sign the papers of the Village. Many people are getting picked up from the streets of other village's and being bought here, this Village will be a Clan sooner than I expected, the sooner, the more paperwork I have." he then explained what kind of papers Lan Zhan should right. The ones that he thinks would Wei Ying not approve on, he doesn't need to sign it.

But who would dare to scam the Yilling Patriarch?

He nodded every now and then and when Wei Ying was done, nothing left but silence, Wangji started. "Wei Ying. Do you have a mailman? Delivery man?" he asked, "why?" Wuxian shot back, then Lan Zhan explained how he wrote a letter and wanted to send it to his Older Brother because he's worried Xichen would die of worry if he doesn't send a letter anytime soon. It has already been a week since he left Gusu, Wuxian understood, he summoned a black bird which was almost similar to the one from Wen Clan.

Lan Zhan looked at him questioning and Wei Wuxian explained, "if I send a disciple there they will get suspicious of a Cultivator of red and black robes, they would come to conclusions like 'it's Wei Wuxian' and torture my men, I don't want that." and Lan Zhan immediately understood so he handed a scroll over to Wei Ying, Wei Ying looked at him suspiciously and Lan Zhan returned the look, but his look was more like a begging trust-me-please kind of look.

Lan Zhan was a bit hurt Wei Ying had doubts on him, which he never should have because Lan Zhan went through all that trouble just to get here. He watched as Wuxian tie the scroll onto the bird's feet as he looked deep into the bird's eye as if he's saying something. The black bird then flew off out of the window towards nowhere (Gusu?)

"Wei Ying, since I am here in your territory, can you tell me the rules?" Lan Zhan asked, making Wei Ying chuckle and look at him with flirty yet serious red eyes. "why do you want to know?" Lan Zhan furrowed his eyebrows, "I don't want to break the rules without knowing what they are. So please tell me-" he was cut off by Wuxian's laugh, "Lan Zhan, you're still the person who likes to follow rules!" he blurted out, "the rules are simple." he then started off, telling Lan Zhan the basics then the rules along with how he runs the village and it's Disciples. Lan Zhan understood the parts where Wei Ying was suppose to be strict, the parts he let's what is natural be and etc.