ICE CREAM DATE

Amethyst POV:
_____________________________________

   After my sorta-heated argument with my mom,I searched the whole apartment for Norphia, but she wasn't there.

I then decided that I should send her an apology message, but that's what reminded me that not once have we had any incident where I had to text her, because she's almost always here or even next door.

...

Next door..that's where she might be.

So that's where I went.

To the apartment she originally lives/lived.??.I don't know why I didn't think she would be there I mean where else would she go ?

As I walked to her apartment,I realized that it was quiet for once.

Maybe her mom left..?

I was ready to knock on the door..at least that's what my mind told me,but my body hesitated.

I didn't know her parents,But they knew me..for reasons i shalln't speak of :)

Did they even know she liked girls as well?

Then I heard Norphias voice.

I heard her ask, "when are you leaving?" Near the door.
I didn't hear a response ,so I knocked out of relief that she was most likely going to be the one to answer.

I backed up and looked down at my feet,just in case she looked through the peephole.

"Who is it?"she shouted.

I answered, saying my own name , still looking down at my feet.

She cracked the door open immediately.
When she saw my face,she opened it wider than she did before.

"What?you didn't believe me when I said my name?" I said,which caused her to smile.

She questioned me like an adult talking to a small child,

"Where's your mom?"she asked, peeking outside the door.

I looked behind me,making sure her car wasn't there."She left."

I sighed as she took my arm,pulling me into her.

She was hugging me.

Not that I've  never felt a hug before,because I definitely have,but she hasn't hugged me since she showed up on my doorstep, so I didn't know how to feel.

But when she wrapped her arms firmly around my torso,i felt something different. something that made my stomach do literal gymnastics

I know it's a lot but that's the best way I could describe it.And when I mean I never felt anything like it, I mean it.

I never got it from my mother, sure as hell never got it from my father,and I usually got hugs from my siblings , but they were obviously not like 'Phia's.

The hug felt like forever,but it was only for a few seconds.I wanted more..well- not like that,But you should know what I mean.
I wanted our hug to last longer.

But then she let go of me and mouthed 'sorry'.

I shook my head, signaling that it was fine.But I don't know if I was.

(FAGGOT)

She took my hand,dragging me to where I heard a small conversation,I assumed it was her parents.Those same feelings in my stomach that I had not too long ago resurfaced, due to her soft hand wrapped around mine.

She stopped as we reached a dinner table,where two older adults sat beside each other.

"Mom and dad,This is Amethyst ,the girl who I've been staying with while you two figured things out."Norphia explained,smiling ear to ear.