(Chapter 17: He loves me... He loves me not...?)

After the events of yesterday, I was left rather confused.

The whole reason I went to Seb's house was because he acted as if he knew what was wrong with my return scepter, but when I got there, he just got all awkward and... Never explained it.

I don't know why it specifically sends me to his room, and at this point, I may never know.

"Okay. Note to self. Only use warp totems, unless you actually want to visit him." I whispered to myself.

Luckily, I had actually learned how to make farm warp totems a few days ago, and from then on, I always had a few in my backpack. Just in case.

Don't get me wrong. I love visiting Seb. He's my best friend after all, but if I want to go home, I don't want to use something that's just gonna send me to the wrong location.

So, I decided to leave my return scepter at home from now on, unless I actually needed it.

After sitting on the porch, thinking about everything that happened yesterday, I took out my phone.

(Text chat with Seb)

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Hey, Sebby. Wanna explain what happened yesterday?

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: ?

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Telling me to use the return scepter to go to your place, as if you knew why that was happening, and then just not telling me why.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: oh.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: that...

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: sorry.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: i just... well... i didn't really know how to explain it to you because i thought it was really weird, and like, i was thinking "there's no way that's actually how that works, right?" so i just...

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: listen. I got that idea from sam, and i don't know if there's actually any truth to it, so if there isn't i'll just end up looking stupid.

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Just tell me what he told you. I won't make fun of you if whatever you say ends up being wrong.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: promise?

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Yes. If anything, it'll just make Sam look like an idiot.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: ...

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: he said that the reason your return scepter bring you to me is because...

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: you...

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: seem to... feel at home with me? or something like that.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: listen. I know it's stupid. I felt like i wanted to die just typing that out, but... idk how else to explain that!

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: like, how do i explain someone's feeling... to that person?!

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Wow...

🔇🇳🐝🤠: That just screams "cheesy rom-com".

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: i know. That's why i didn't wanna say it.