Chapter 1 (Climbing from the bottom)

Once again, I find myself sitting at home, in the living room, tapping away at my laptop, trying to get some work done for Joja.

Unlike my brother, my mom was able to get them to agree to let me work from home, since working with a lot of people causes more trouble than it's worth.

Having both social anxiety, and selective mutism is... Difficult... To say the least... But, we found a way.

I would call myself lucky... If I didn't hate my job.

There was one thing, however, that I learned to like about my job over time.

My boss, William, decided it was a good idea to have some of the workers (including myself) work in teams on a project.

At first, I honestly hated the idea, and thought it would be confusing since again... I work from home.

But after the boss explained it to me, It seemed like it might be a little better than working alone.

After a few days, I ended up having to text my new teammate. The boss said it would be a good idea to get to know them a little.

But for some reason, William jokingly mentioned something along the lines of "Don't get too attached to your teammate. He's only working part time here."

At first, I tried to just laugh it off, but in the back of my mind, I wondered why William decided to team me up with someone who wasn't even going to be working here that long.

After a while though, I decided to just forget about it, and get to texting my new teammate.

(Text chat)

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: Hey. The boss said I should text you. You're the new guy that's supposed to be my partner, right?

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: yeah, that's me. what's up?

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: Not much. William just said that I should text you, get to know you a bit. I don't really see the point, since, according to him, you won't really be working with us for long.

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: ouch. ok, i see how it is.

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: It's nothing against you, really, it's just...

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: ?

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: It's nothing. Really.

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: Anyway... Apparently, we have to get to know each other. What's your name, frog boi?

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: ...

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: just... call me ashton.

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: Ok. Cool. You can call me...

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: ... Ann.

Frog_Wizard420🪄🐸🚬: alright. cool. ttyl? i'm... a little busy with something.

That-Mute-Kid-@-Joja🔇🧢: Sure. Why not?

(End text chat)

"UUUUUGGGGHHHH! Why did I give that dude my middle name? I hate using my middle name because of how girly it sounds." I said, flopping onto my side on the couch and covering my face with a pillow, before slowly getting back up, and deciding to get back to work.