(Chapter 9: Monsters in the city are different from monsters in the valley)

(5 days later)

(Willow's POV)

"Okay! Month two of living on the farm has officially begun." I said, sitting up from bed, and stretching.

I decided to start the day by getting rid of some dead spring crops, and cleaning up some weeds, twigs, or rocks around the farm.

As I walked around the farm land, picking weeds, and passing the old broken building that apparently used to be a greenhouse, I noticed something in one of the corners of the farm.

"What the heck is that?" I whispered as I got closer to it.

My eyes grew wide as I found out what it was.

An old gravestone.

"Why? Why is there a gravestone on my property? Why is that a thing? Why is there a note on it?!" I asked no one in particular, in a fast, panicked tone, before picking up the note, and reading it.

Wait for my return at the dawn of the 3rd year.

-Grandpa

I paused for a moment, re-reading the note multiple times, before saying "Nope. Nu-uh. So much nope. Screw that. I ain't dealing with zombie grandpa." before stuffing the note into my pocket, and speed walking away from the gravestone.

"I've dealt with a lot of monsters living here, but what would I do if one of the monsters was a dead family member of mine?!" I thought in a panic.

"Sebastian was right. Why did all this weird stuff start happening as soon as I moved here?" I thought.

"How long has that note been here? It's been quite a while since grandpa died. Far more than three years... What if his 'return' already happened, and I wasn't there to see it? Did he mean the third year after his death, or the third year since my move to the farm?"

These thoughts were all going through my head, causing me to worry about something, but I wasn't sure what. "Okay... Okay. Calm down. Everything will be fine." I thought, taking a few long breaths before walking back to the gravestone, taking out my phone, and taking a selfie with the stone, and the note, with a simple question...

(Group text chat with Seb, Sam, and Abi)

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Why?

🎵He-Was-A-Skater-Boi🛹: Well that's creepy.😨

🪨Rock.Nibbler😋: Ay, why does your gramps plan on returning from the dead in a few years?😐

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: freaky.

🔇🇳🐝🤠: What do I do? I didn't even know this stuff was here until just a few seconds ago.😰

🪨Rock.Nibbler😋: I've got a luigi board you could borrow.

🪨Rock.Nibbler😋: *Ouija board. Lol😆

🎵He-Was-A-Skater-Boi🛹: [sends a PNG. of a 'Weegee' board]

🔇🇳🐝🤠: Guys, I'm honestly scared here. IDK what to do.

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: i guess it depends on what the note means by 'dawn of the 3rd year'. does it mean the third year since you moved here, or the third year since he died?

🦇The_Local_vampire🩸: if it's the second case, three years have long since passed, and nothing has happened, so you're probably safe...