Chapter 31🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻

Start from the beginning

You just shrugged as you placed two little pancakes on a side dish and topped them with marmalade and fresh whipped cream. Ha-nis' brow wrinkled tightly. She despises seeing her spunky and cheerful cousin like this.

Ha-ni was wondering whether your health was acting up again. "Yes, since Gervais notices your depressed mood as well. We all know you, even if you try to disguise it. So just spit it out. . What is bothering you? Is your abdomen hurting again?" She had a serious expression on her face. That was always the issue; you would never reveal any problems you were having.

You took a big breath, flinging your loose hair backward, and looked them in the eyes. "Ugh! I'm just stupid. Don't worry about me." You responded dismissively. You drank from the tea cup that Ha-ni had set out for you.

"Oh no, Noemie, it isn't nothing," Anais remarked, shaking her head. "This week, your mother is with a friend, and she appears concerned. She inquired as to what was wrong with you. Your mom is scary. You appear too detached and distant, and your demeanor has begun to worry her."

As you stared at them, you bit your trembling bottom lip, blinking twice as warm streams flowed out of your soulful eyes.

You hurriedly wiped your cheeks with the back of your palms. Why are you being so emotional? You want to weep all the time.

Ha-Ni and Anais gasped in surprise when they noticed you sobbing and your shoulders shaking.

"Omg, Cuz! Talk to us! What exactly is it?" Ha-ni exclaimed, perplexed, as Anais hastily offered you a serviette to wipe your long tears as you sniffed noisily.

Anais wrapped her arm over your shoulders and held you warmly. "You've been in a gloomy mood since we arrived. Please speak with us, Noémie. We might help. You look very pale. Are you ill or something?"

"I just found out that...that Hoseok is engaged to be married soon...," you swallow hard, attempting to get rid of the lump in your throat as you inhaled heaps of air to calm yourself."It was a little much for my heart to bear, girls. I know it's stupid of me to feel this way."

The girls gasp in disbelief. That's breaking news!

"Quoi! -What!" Anais exclaimed, perplexed.

"He and Jessica were in the Gangnam shop yesterday when she supposedly picked up her Peridot stone ring set. She was aware of my 'fling' with Mr. Jung. Gervais said they were going to elope to the Bahamas to get married-I just don't know girls." Your eyes were sorrowful.

Anais seemed uneasy. "Bestie, did Mr. Jung confirm it?"

Anais and Ha-ni shared distinct looks; something is not right.. Ha-ni is aware that Mr. Jung likes her cousin ."And Gervais said he's still waiting for Mr. Jung to inform him. They agreed to be each other's groomsmen if they ever married." Ha-Ni frowned.

You only shrugged, a dejected expression on your pale face. "That is what frustrates me the most. Why is Hoseok still admiring my attractiveness and inviting me to his little gathering? Why is he sending mixed signals to me? How will I handle seeing the blissful and satisfied couple? I don't think I'll be able to handle it well."

You're sad to disappoint Hoseok, but watching him be loving and attentive to his fiancée will gently kill you. You really can't-you love him so much, and everyone will see your open affection for the tycoon, and Jessica will go to any length to mock you and make you feel like a loser.

When it came to love, you were always a loser. And you despise being pitiful. You were already envious of Jessica. But she had him first; you can't interfere even if every fiber of your being yearns for Mr. Jung Hoseok.