Chapter 49: A serious girl talk

It felt amazing to be back in his arms after everything that had happened. Even Though with the small amulet around her neck, it did feel like a part of him was always with her. She still preferred ten times more having the real thing in her arms. She felt him kiss gently the top of her head and mumble to her how relieved she was back.

"Yeah, thanks for the help, without you I probably would have become snake food." She chuckled at her own joke.

" Don't even joke about that!" She was surprised to actually hear anger in his voice. She took a small step back to look at him and confirm it. He was looking at her with a frown. And his arms around her waist had tightened their grip.

"Do you know how terrified I was when I saw that thing just a few feet away from you ready to hurt you?" He pulled her closer to him, tucking his face in the side of her neck as if he was trying to hide himself from the world around him.

"Every second you're away from me, I can't stop worrying, thinking up the worst possible ways I could lose you." She gently pushed her hand through his hair, trying to silently remind him that she was here, she was safe.

"I can't lose you Flora. And I can't help but worry when the person I love is in danger." She felt the world stop and disappear around them as soon as she comprehended what he had just admitted. Her hand caressing his hair had fallen to her side, and she felt her eyes slightly tear up. But she finally noticed that the boy in her arms had stiffened. And kept his face hidden from her. She had learned to know him these last months. She knew how difficult and out of character it was for him to open up completely and admit these kinds of things. She did not want to make him more uncomfortable but she also wanted to tell him about her feelings too.

"Me too. I'm terrified when the person I love is in danger." She gently whispered in his ear. He felt his hold around her tighten. They stayed like this for a long time. They were in their own little world where time and other people did not exist. Nothing mattered to them more than the warmth of their embrace.

Unfortunately, they eventually have to let go of each other and go back to the real world. As they turned the corner and entered the main part of the courtyard, they reluctantly unclasped their hands that had been tightly locked together . However, they were not as alone as they had thought. The girls were located at the center of the garden talking and hugging Tecna again and again, so glad to see their friend safe and sound. But Flora instantly saw when Stella spotted her and the young mage next to her walking out of their hiding spot. From the anger and frustration on her blond haired friend's face, she knew she was doomed. She watched as the girl walked away from the group and stomped in anger "You! Come with me. We are due for a serious girl talk." Before pulling her up the stairs, she turned to the other girls. "Everyone, let's have a slumber party!" The others cheered.

She knew this whole pj party was Stella's attempt at making her spill the beans. The other girls were oblivious of Stella's real intentions. They were putting on some loud music, bringing and piling up all their fluffiest pillows in the middle of the living room. Layla and Musa were dancing with the pixies. Bloom and Tecna were debating on what movie to watch later. The options were either a rom-com or a spy movie. And Stella... well Stella was just sitting across from her on the couch. And staring. She swore she had not seen the blond wink in the last twenty minutes. She was getting tired of this weird tension between them. Of this overbearing pressure the blond girl was putting on her.

"Spill it." As soon as Stella said those two words, Flora's anger and anxious feelings exploded.

"Stella! Stop. You're being impossible. You can't just force someone to do whatever you want!" She shouted in anger at the girl in front of her. She barely noticed, the party stopping around them. Musa had magically paused the music, and the others were all staring at the two glaring girls in pure shock and confusion. They had no idea what was going on between their two friends. It's true they argued a lot, since they were both so different in personality. One of them being more calm and sensitive while the other took things more lightly.