08|| Scarlett Cattleya Orchid

Start from the beginning

I got ready to leave too, texting Miguel to get me a table reserved for two. I took the glass elevator down, then strode all the way to the car. Rick opened the door for me, and I informed him to pass by the flower boutique before we got to the restaurant.

She loved the Cattleya orchids, some pretty rouge flowers that I had never really heard of. Research proved that they were rare, isolated flowers that were never paired with any other flowers. She really was different. Most women I knew wanted roses, but she didn’t. It intrigued me.

This time, I actually took a moment to discover which flowers she frequently bought and studied the vases in her house without her knowledge. She loved the rustic ones or the ones themed with earth tones.

“Good morning, Mr. Vizcaino,” the woman at the front desk of the flower shop greeted me. Of course, people I've never met know me.

“Morning. I'm here to buy flowers for someone, orchids,” I slipped my dark shades off, and she smiled, clearly thrilled and surprised to see me buying my own shit. I usually sent Rick, but now I had to make a difference for Kamaria.

“Okay. We have the best quality in stock. Moth or—”

“Cattleya please. A big bouquet and three vases, warm earth colours.” I had practised this in my head ten thousand times.

“Great, coming right up. Would you like to see our other—”

“I would love to some other time, but not now. I'm in a bit of a rush.” I addressed her politely, and she nodded, taking her phone from the counter.

“Fine. Can I at least get a selfie with you? It's been my dream,” she pleaded, and I nevertheless complied.

After I finally got my flowers, I took a picture and sent to the guys’ group chat, which included Miguel, Izaiah and I. Their replies came flooding in seconds after, and I simply smile, entering the car and allowing Rick to drive us to the restaurant.

When we arrived, I slipped out, walking towards the entrance and checking the table number that Miguel reserved for me. It was beautifully set up, and the new maître’d acknowledged me, ushering me to the table regardless of whether I knew it or not.

“Thank you. Could you please request for Kamaria? I'd like to see her,” I easily asserted my interests.

“Of course.” He left and in the meantime, I made sure I knew what I wanted to say to her. I shouldn’t be feeling nervous, I've talked to thousands of girls before. If so, then why were my palms sweating? Why was my heart racing like crazy?

“Rareșz,” the sweet voice summoned my attention, and I got up, my green eyes drinking her pretty face in as I held the massive bouquet in my trembling hands. Her eyes lit up when she noticed them.

“Hey, Kamaria. Um… I got you these, your favourite,” I cleared my throat and she cooed, receiving them with a big smile. I had made amends after all.

“Thank you Rareșz, that’s so thoughtful of you.” She moved to give me a hug and at first, I was startled, but slowly returned her warm embrace.

“I'm glad you like them. Rick went to drop the vases off at your place, they were too heavy and I didn’t want you to struggle.” I informed her, watching her grin grow wider.

“You’ve made my entire day, Rareșz. Thank you, I was literally having a bad one till you showed up,” she gave me a sad smile and my hand found her chin, my chartreuse eyes getting lost in her ochre hued eyes.

They were a lighter hazelnut shade under the sun’s influence, an alluring shade of gold and deep caramel that I had never taken time to notice.

“Do you want to talk about it? I understand if you aren’t comfortable with me yet,” I was gentle with her, ignoring all the stares we were receiving.

“I don’t want to talk about it yet, I'm sorry.” She said tentatively.

“Of course, that’s fine. Can I please speak to you? For a few minutes,” I held her hand gently, and I smiled when she nodded.

Kamaria settled on the chair opposite me, and I inhaled deeply as I thought of how I was going to woo her into going out with me. I'd never done this before.

“I'm sorry I couldn’t get back to your text. Work and just other things on my mind, I swear I'm not ignoring you or anything—”

“No, don’t apologise. I figured a real man doesn’t cower behind texts, so here I am.” I raised my hands and I could tell she was blushing.

“I appreciate it, really.” Kamaria briefly broke eye contact, the tension between us thickening with each passing minute.

“So, I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me, Kamaria? A dinner date,” I was confident as I spoke, but my heart was racing in anticipation.

“Yes, I would. Next week Saturday?” She suggested and I nodded, feeling relieved that she had agreed. 

“That sounds great. Just let me know where you want to go, your dream restaurant.”

“Evergreen,” she blurted out in excitement, then faced down in embarrassment the moment I looked at her in amusement, “sorry, it's just a place I've always wanted to dine at, but it's too expensive.”

“Don’t worry about it. Evergreen it is, I can't wait.” I winked at her, causing a light giggle to slip past her lips.

“Me too. Do you want me to wear a particular colour? I've seen a lot of couples matching on dates,” it was so cute to see her this excited for our first date, it made my heart swell with happiness. I wanted to do more for her.

“Well you can decide on that. I just want to treat you to some good food, good wine, good energy,” my voice was deep and smooth, she was evidently blushing.

“I'd love that. Well, I love pastel green, I hope that’s okay.” She played with her fingers.

“I really don’t mind. You could ask me to dress in every fucking colour in the rainbow and I’ll still show up for our date, just for you.” I winked, my hand reaching out to hold hers gently.

“Stop, you're really sweet Rareșz. The colour would go so well with your pretty eyes.” Kamaria said boldly and I smirked.

“I'm glad green is your favourite colour,” I couldn’t stop staring at her even if I tried.

We discussed the time and everything before we talked over some smoothies. She was a great person to converse with, and I got to hear more about how soul pieces connect and why it was so important.

I had gotten so invested in hearing her melliloquent voice caressing my eardrums without actually understanding anything, that I was a tad bit disappointed when it was time for me to leave for my business meeting.

Something about this woman spoke to me in the most inexplicable ways, being around her truly awakened me as a person.

I lifted her hand and placed a gentle kiss on it, maintaining eye contact before I pulled away. “My soul patiently awaits your presence, love.”