A lull stepped into the conversation as the only sound that was heard was the weak sobs from the queen. She finally broke. The foreigner let the girl envelope herself in her sorrow as she kept a look out for anyone who passed the area.

"Truthfully, I think Princess Aene has gone insane. She became green in envy and is blinded with her jealousy. She should have learnt how to let someone go." Seulhyun began rambling, "If she had truly loved King Jungwon, she should have known it was for the greater good. Rather than whining like a baby and plotting an evil scheme against you."

She heard Haeyul croak a laugh at her last sentence, "A baby.." She chuckled, shaking her head. "How can you compare her with a baby?"
"She acts like one." Seulhyun shrugged.
And that successfully distracted the brunette from her problems as her laugh bounced against the walls.

Her laughter seized as silence arise again—this time, it was rather comforting. Haeyul got on her knees, scooting in front of the foreigner and took both the girl's hands. "Wanna sneak out?"

The cinnamon-haired girl's eyes rounded by her proposal. Sneaking out...?
"Wouldn't King Jungwon kill me for letting you do that?" She said bitterly. Yet the two of them stood up and headed to back door, the smiles on their faces growing wider with each step they took away from the castle grounds.

Maybe the knights will find out. Maybe they won't. Either way, this will be their little secret.

.•.•.

After that eventful night, the both of them swore to keep their mouth zipped about the evening. And luckily, nobody had gotten suspicious of them so far as they shared mischievous glances with each other whenever they crossed paths in the castle. Haeyul suggested for them to do it again another time and Seulhyun agreed without a second thought.

A few days later, deep in the night, there stood a brunette, wearing a deep shade of green dress as her hair was loose, falling on her shoulders. The moon embellished the blank canvas as the air was still tonight. No wind whatsoever.

Seulhyun took a stick out of her sock and twirled it in her hand before pointing the thinner side outwards. Sucking in a deep breath, the latter attempted to soothe her nerves. She was about to create the protective enchantment around the castle's perimeter.
Alone.

In that moment, she began regretting her bravery for taking up the challenge from the king. She could only hope she would be able to complete this enchantment.

Lifting her wand up, she fluttered her eyes shut and began muttering the spell under her breath. The squawks of the nearby crows entertained her as she centered her energy, focusing on herself. Until the sound of footsteps closing in on her alerted her.

She immediately spun around, pointed her wand at whoever it was. To her surprise, she saw the face of Prince Sunghoon. She couldn't see his face clearly since the only source of light was from the moonlight above them.

"What- what are you doing so late out?!" She jumped as her wand moved next to him, meeting two other people: Sunoo and Haeyul. "Aren't you all supposed to be in your chamber, on your beds?"

"Well, we decided to join you." Sunoo said and Sunghoon turned his eyes balls. Seulhyun had a tugging feeling that the older prince was forced to follow them out.

"Besides, Sunoo can help you too." Haeyul spoke, "Me and Sunghoon are just here for...emotional support." She nodded to her own words.
Seulhyun chortled, shaking her head. "Right."

Steadying her breath, Seulhyun turned towards Sunoo and smiled slightly. "Are you ready?" She asked.
"Just to be sure, we're using the same spell right?"
"Bulwarse."
"Alright."

Before they could start their enchantments, Prince Sunghoon saw a glimpse of Seulhyun's wrist, which was covered in a thick layer of bandages. "What happened to your wrist?" He pocketed his hands into his coat.

Without having to mention her name, Seulhyun already knew who he was referring to. "It's just a bruise I got." She shrugged, putting his worry off.

For real this time, Seulhyun nodded to Sunoo to begin first and the prince muttered the spell under his breath, closing his eyes as the tip of his wand glowed. The pearlescent light spread to the sky as it reached the ground.

Seulhyun exhaled and whispered the spell multiple times—concentrating her energy to where her wand was—then, a strong energy pushed against her, indicating the enchantment is growing.

Haeyul's eyes marveled at the scene playing in front of her. The energy course through the air, quickly reaching the top of the castle. The iridescent light illuminated the area as Haeyul noticed Sunghoon admiring the view too. Slowly, the castle took notice of the bright light around them as multiple chamber lights flickered. Many opened the windows to peek at the situation, including her lover, Jungwon.

Sunghoon took out his loune and closed his eyes, a string of yellow stars escaping his head as he stored it into his gem. Their eyes met each other and the man raised his brow in question. She shook her head in response.

Meanwhile the two vampires began to feel their arms weary. Seulhyun squinted her eyes, attempting to divert her attention back to her energy while Sunoo staggered, the energy he had left was decreasing at an extreme rate.

Seulhyun needed to know how long more they had to withstand it. "Hae, are we almost done yet?" She raised her voice.

"Uh-" Haeyul stuttered. The brunette couldn't see the ending of the enchantment since the castle was blocking their sight. She would have to circle the entire perimeter first, and that would take too long.

Sunoo groaned, "Hae...I need you to tell us-" He muttered between strangled breaths, "I might not be able to finish."

"Uhm, wait!"
"You're almost there." A foreign voice joined the conversation as his footsteps approached Seulhyun. Niki. "You're almost there, Outsider. Just a little bit longer." He told. His voice was alarmingly close to her ears.

Trusting his words, Seulhyun used the last bits of her energy as her arms began to tremble vigorously. She can do it. She has to. She must. She heard Sunoo cry as both their knees yearned to meet the ground.

The last thing she heard was the echoing cheers before everything turned black as her waist was caught in a strong pair of arms.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!
🩷🩷