0.2 | 𝘋é𝘴𝘰𝘭é

" 𝘘𝘶𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘪 𝘢𝘮𝘰, 𝘴𝘪𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘰, 𝘰 𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰. "

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Almond headed back to the station after his short break, he had to do a background search, afterall, Roguefort didn't have much to give, nor did Almond have any idea about them, this would surely give him a massive migraine some time tonight..
But, sadly, this was his job as a detective, he had to put some work into it, even if it cost him his life.

Atleast it payed him well enough to provide for his daughter, right?
That was all that mattered, Walnut happy and healthy. That was the idea.
But, Almond did worry about Walnut a bit often.. maybe too little.
Okay he had to admit- he'd wished he were home more to be with Walnut, but with Roguefort being his top case so far.. he really couldn't.
It was a bother, really, but it payed him loads. Enough to make Walnut happy, and keep her fed.

But, Almond knew he could trust her,
she's a smart girl. She knows who to talk to, who to avoid, which ones a criminal, and how to run if she were being chased.
She'd be fine, once Almond arrests the criminal he can spend more time with his daughter.

Rogue on the other hand, well, to put it simply (and the words almond would use to better describe them), they were a lost cause.
A criminal.
A petty one at best.
Small crimes were common with the thief, big crimes were usually on special occasions, and the thief usually always fled the scene no matter the scenario.
Despite only having the background of a "fairly charming thief" their day-job was just wonderful.
Barista, and seeing the detective all the time at the café/bakery-esque place they worked at made them figure out a ton of things, they could even have a proper conversation with him!
It was exciting to get to know the detective, even in their double life situation of course.
Serving coffees in the day, and doing crime at night, what a backstory honestly!
Hopefully they'd live long enough to tell the tale, maybe to their grandchildren? The story about the thief who had a detective around their finger..
That sounds like a wonderful story! They will admit, they'd read the story.

But, stories aside, they did want to be with Almond.
But would he look at them the same? The same way as he would when Rogue was a barista in the daytime?
What would he think now?
They shook their head, quickly getting back to work.
Nightfall was to come, and soon the crime would befall the City of Parfaedia once more.

But regardless of everything, being a thief and all of course.. there was the underlying feeling that Almond fell for Rogues barista facade, which, obviously.
Means that Almond was head over heels, for Rogue.
The very criminal he has to arrest.
What was to do? Would Almond still love them?
I mean, it's truly understandable, who would want to date a criminal? That's just absurd!
The nerve of anyone to want to date a criminal of all people..
It's like being famous but for doing something illegal (which it technically is-) it was a fairly big issue.
You wouldn't want your partner being chased at night, would you?..

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

" 𝘑𝘦 𝘭'𝘢𝘪𝘮𝘦 "

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Almond found himself back at the Café he's come to adore, a break was important, that's what the barista reminded him of anyways.

"Good morning, Detective! Your usual?" Monsieur Bleu called out with a positive tone, per usual.
Goodness, Almond adored them.. the looks, the personality, everything.
They were an absolute beauty, a treasure trove of sweetness.
He couldn't resist them, it's been too long with this feeling.
The feeling of butterflies in his stomach when Bleu was around, the warmth that crept to his cheeks whenever Bleu called his name.
Love was tiring him out, he had to tell them, he needs too.