Chapter 8

A million thoughts flashed through Jimmy's head. What? How? When? Who? Why? He opened his mouth to say something but any words were caught on their way out. You told me you didn't kill him, thought Jimmy with an internal growl. The maniacal voice laughed in his head, I didn't, darling. By doing this, he killed himself. Jimmy's eyes widened in realization. If he showed any implication that this was more than a dream...

No, he wouldn't think about this. The blond felt his resolve crumble as images of his friends, bloodied, bruised and limp lay on the floor. STOP, he commanded, This is my head, my thoughts. A laugh only he could hear bounced off of the walls. And yet, I'm the one who's kept you alive. Let me talk to him and I'll do it again.

He'd better be safe as well, he threatened. An unspoken 'of course' resounded in his ears before the voice took control. He felt himself pushed against the wall of his own self-conscious as the voice spoke. "W-what? For me? I-I don't-" Scott frowned, twirling the poppy with his thumb and index finger, "Do you not like it? I could get you another,"

Jimmy felt his head shake violently, "N-no! It's beautiful but... unexpected, y'know?" He took the flower in his hands, "Pretty color, though," Scott smiled although his eyes searched Jimmy's face for any hint of recognition. Obviously, nothing was found. It was him who experienced those events; not the voice. Scott's mouth stayed the same but his eyes lost a little bit of that light he loved.

Jimmy hated making Scott sad.

But it had to be done.

"C'mon," he said, slipping back in control, "Let's go meet Joel."

~~~~

He was running at full speed, the wound from the arrow still aching. His stuff was gonna go. No, he couldn't get there in time. He simply couldn't. The sound of his communicator ringing stopped him for a second. Checking this device used to be fun. It used to be the source of laughs and joy.

Now, it was dread.

<Ş̵̙̻͉̱̟̘̙̞̃͗̈́͊͂o̵̝̜͍̳͕̞͒̈́̌̂̂͐̑́l̴̢̺̪̝̰̥̝̈́̍̑͜͝i̷̡̳͖̮̜̣̲̯̣̓̾̃̄̑̄̕d̸̗̗̼͖͇͋̓̌á̴̬̻͇͐͌̃̿͗̾͝r̴̡̮͙̭͉̥͔̗̻͛͜i̸̳͇̲̭̥͐̒ț̸̱̦͚̳͋̃͗̀̚͠ÿ̶̨̫̻͙̻͖̩̪̓̌̀́͆̐̉G̴͕͌͒̀̃ą̸̘̻͙̘̘̝̽̿̄ṃ̴̢̠̩̔͜i̶̢̘̜̯̜͈͉͂́̈́͋̕n̶̢̡͇͚̱̠̘̝̾̍̓͆̾̄͋̾̚g̷̡̛̰̗̦̀̏̇̊͌̈́ was shot by S̶̛̟͔͎̟̭̣̦̍̐̋̀̒́͘k̵͉̪̈́̉i̸̳̰̫͔̍̄͐́͂̈̓̊̓̇͜z̵̡̦̦͊͊̋̄͐͠z̷̛̰̳̱͚͓̺̥̱̋͋̎̑̓͆͒͜͝͝l̶͖̪̟̮̹̲̯̎̌͋ë̷̢̩̖͉̲̮̼̜́m̷̧̜͎͉͓̈́̔̉̈́͑̾̉̈́͝a̴̝̣̞̖̻̎͌̑̀͑͊͘͝n̷̳̦͎̺͔̫̂̐̀̇̽̉̕͜ͅ>

It took a few seconds for Scott to realize what exactly occurred. When he did, the moment wasn't pleasant in the slightest. The long fingers of grief tightened around his neck and threatened to choke him. Maybe he should let them. No, that would be idiocy. Besides, he wanted vengeance. Those once strangling fingers turned into a force angrier than he knew.

Scott S. Major wanted vengeance and vengeance he would receive.

Scott woke up with a jolt. It was just a dream, he reminded himself. Nothing more. Cold sweat trickled down his forehead and tears ran down his cheeks. It was a Sunday. Thank the Gods, he didn't want to endure his teachers that day. He cleaned up to the best of his abilities and left his bedroom, stalking over to the living room to find Xornoth sipping a cup of coffee sullenly.

"Iya!" he called out, his brother's tired eyes meeting his own. Scott frowned, "You alright?" Xornoth nodded, taking another sip. "You don't look too good yourself," said Xornoth, trying to force emotion into his monotone voice. Scott shrugged, "Nightmare. It's normal," Xornoth hummed and said nothing, really bringing awkwardness to the table.

"Anyways," said Scott, "I'm heading to meet up with Jim. I wanted to take him to the sweet center down the street. Y'know, the new one?" Xornoth's head bobbed up and down at that. "I think it's called 'GoodTimes Sweet Center'?" Xornoth nodded again, making Scott a little worried, "Y'know, generally in a conversation both sides speak,"

"Yeah, yeah," said Xornoth with a tired chuckle, "I guess so," Scott rolled his eyes and went to pour himself a bowl of cereal. As the cereal fell and made its clinking sounds, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" he called, pouring in the milk and rushing to the door. A familiar pink-haired girl stood in the doorway. "We need to talk." she said in a hushed voice. Scott nodded, grabbed his bowl and led her up the stairs. "What is it?"

"It's Jimmy. He's missing,"

•~•~•~•

Word count: 677

And I haven't found a way around the parental controls.

Pain.

Anyways, this book will be slower than I wanted it to be but oh well, when life gives you lemons, you defenestrate them.

<RubyBlueWrites left the game>