Chapter 13: The Ending

"L-Lorelia, where the hell did you get that necklace?" he said as he pulled over. I looked out the window quickly as we stopped. We were across the street from my school. "Dad, what the hell are you talking about?" Owen said, trying to defend me. Mr. Ashton looked a bit worried, but he soon continued driving and ignored that topic the rest of the ride there. We sat in silence, as I curled up in the corner of the car. We soon arrived at the ice cream store, but it was slightly quiet. It was awkward and silent as Mr. Ashton stepped out of the car as Owen and I followed. I could tell something was bothering Mr. Ashton, but I didn't say anything since I was still a bit scared. We soon were next in line as I ordered my ice cream. Owen was after as Mr. Ashton paid. We ate our ice cream in silence and then headed back to the car. Soon the silence was broken by Owen. "That was really good." he said in an awkward tone of voice. I agreed, but his dad didn't say anything. Owen and I were talking back and forth as we arrived at a weird building, but it looked scary like. We stepped inside and then I realized it was a courtroom. We headed in and suddenly I felt all eyes on me. This was the court case with me being adopted. I was to stand up front. My mom and dad were arguing this. Suddenly it looked like some special people walked in. They looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to it. They stood next to Mr. Ashton as the room got silent. The lady had a necklace like mine. I soon realized that this was the queen and king of our country now. Mom and dad looked extremely worried, but the queen and king looked neutral. I looked around the room as soon as things started. I wasn't really paying attention until they mentioned real family. Again? I jumped in, "Maple and Lincoln are my real parents! We were here not even that long ago, and we did a DNA test!" I stated. Surely they remember it. The judge started saying I was the queen and king's daughter, and they wanted to bring me back home. I shouted, "WE ALREADY DID A DNA TEST!". The judge looked at me. "It appears that Lincoln had paid them to make a fake DNA test. I suppose you're too young to understand, but that necklace you're wearing was given to you. You can only take it off after you reunite with your real parents. Tell me, did Maple ever have a matching necklace?" I looked around as that was the truth whether I liked it or not. I stepped down to the king and queen as paper orders were made and once again I was moving in with another family. Nothing much happened for a few months, and I soon turned 15. Things were moving quickly as I was being homeschooled now. A lot of people treated me with respect and I highly enjoyed the princess treatment, but it didn't feel like me. I like being a normal kid, with a normal life in high school. I enjoyed dating and messing around with people. For some odd reason though, I missed Jayden. I looked around my room as something caught my eye. An old rickety door with a rusty, gold handle on it. It was small and slightly shown by the dresser. I was a bit scared, but soon got called down for dinner. I wore the pink dress I was given since there would be other royals here. Soon a few people walked in. I looked up as a gorgeous blonde girl sat across from me. A guy that looked like her but older sat next to me. The family started to talk to mine, but said something about an arranged marriage. I spit my drink out once they said my name and then Charles. I found out Charles was the person sitting next to me. After listening to the conversation more we were to be married in 3 days. I didn't want to marry him at all, but my parents insisted since his family was the most popular and famous royals. I tried to convince my parents that I didn't want to marry him, but they didn't listen. Soon the wedding came around, and I was uncomfortable. Charles was 23 and I was 15. I communicated with the female I saw. That was his younger sister Chlemina, and she was closeted omnisexual. Her parents never really cared about her. She was a few days younger than me, but we surely got along well. An hour before the wedding, I looked around and talked to people. Once it was time I walked down the aisle. "Do you, Charles Vanquett, take Lorelia Milena to be your wife?" as Charles looked at me. "I do." "Do you, Lorelia Milena, take Charles Vanquett to be your husband?" I looked at the ground. "I do." I said in a quiet tone, upset. It didn't feel right, but I knew what I had to do. As soon as Charles leaned in, I kissed him back. This didn't feel right, but not for long. I soon moved in with Charles. He was sweet in person, but once we were alone he grew physically and sexually abusive. Sometimes I called mom to take me back, "Lorelia, deal with it.", and she hung up. I had a lot of bruises and this went on for years. I soon turned 18, and decided to pack my stuff up. Before I left I took a chef's knife and sat on Charles stabbing him 47 times making sure he was dead. I got up, and left the knife in his heart. I immediately left, going to Florence, Alabama. I was looking for Jayden and Owen. Finally, I saw Jayden and hugged him. "L-Lorelia?! Your majesty!" he said. I smiled and said, "How dare you kill my brother." as I stabbed him in the heart. I fell in love with what I was doing, but I knew it was wrong. It was like someone else was controlling me. I broke into a police station, but found my family documents. I looked at them as something caught my attention. "Katherine and Lorelia......." I continued to read. Katherine was my twin sister. I looked around everywhere, but came to a graveyard seeing her sit on a gravestone. It had her name on it. I decided to dig up her body, and tried to figure out how she died. I couldn't figure it out, but her spirit laid her hand on my shoulder. "Don't trust ANYONE. Our parents, the kind and queen, had murdered me. They didn't want a second kid to deal with. Get away Lorelia!" she said. It all made sense now. People knew about my past, but manipulated me to think otherwise. I was devastated, but had one thing left to do. I went to Owen's house. I looked around, and finally found his house again. I knocked on the door as he opened the door. "I know Lorelia." as he put a bullet through my head..

The End?