𝟣𝟤 | 𝖬𝖮𝖬𝖬𝖸 𝖨𝖲𝖲𝖴𝖤𝖲

Start from the beginning

"Is mommy coming?" Candyce whispered.

"I don't know baby. We called her and she didn't answer but I know she wouldn't forget about your special day." CiCi thought up a lie as she adjusted the black mask over her nose. She knew her mother wasn't coming. When CiCi called Gabrielle and heard all types of men's voices in the background, she got the memo. Her mama would rather be out tricking then to support her daughter.

"I miss daddy." Candyce pouted.

C'Ron, Ciara, and Candyce all had the same father. He was once the backbone to their family, the glue that kept them together. Around that time their mother was fine, she didn't rely on weed and she didn't change her moods every second. She was the Gabrielle her father had fell for.

Until October 14th, 2017; the night their glue dried out.

Their father passed away from Lupus, the disease spread to his lungs, brain, and heart.

All hell broke lose after the funeral. Gabrielle started drinking, starting smoking, she even started doing cocaine but Ron got her off of that before she could even enjoy it. She began blaming her older kids for everything— sparing Candyce. She stole from them, beat on them for no reason, verbally abused them, kicked them out over the smallest things but would always call them back. She became damage and emotionally unavailable.

"Me too, Candy. We all do." C'Ron whispered, sliding into the bed next to her. Wrapping his arms around her shoulder, he comforted her while whispering words of motivation into her ear.

"Five minutes Ron." CiCi said after checking her Apple Watch. They could only be around her for a certain amount of time and her treatment would be starting at 7:30, it was 7:21.

"I can hug my sister for however long I want." His voice cracked earning a pout from CiCi. Her family was hurting and she couldn't be weak, she had to be strong for them.

_____

C'Ron stormed into the house, heading straight to his mothers room. CiCi followed tiredly behind him. She didn't have the energy to yell or complain anymore, she was tired of babying a grown ass women.

"You didn't come, where were you?" C'Ron asked Gabrielle, pulling the cover from over her head. CiCi just stood in the doorway to make sure nothing popped off because Ron had a short temper. He would never put his hands on his mother but then again, CiCi didn't know what he would do if their mom was to hit him.

"Come where? The fuck are you talking about?" She scrunched her face up causing CiCi to scoff.

"Candyce had her treatment today. We called you numerous of times and you didn't answer so we went without you." CiCi spoke softly. Sometimes she wished she had a deeper voice.

"My baby Candy, oh my god. I—"

"You forgot. You forgot because you was too busy ripping and running with some crackheads. What the fuck type of mother are you?" Ron spat.

"Now you gone watch that tone in my house boy." Gabrielle pointed her finger at him, a mug resting on her face as well.

"Nah mama, I'm done babying your ass. You can lash out on me or CiCi but leaving my baby sister at the hospital by herself? I ain't having it. She was waiting on you, we was waiting on you. Imagine how she felt— matter fact, you probably can't because you too high right now." Ron words caused Gabrielle to smack her son hard.

CiCi instantly stepped in, standing in front of Ron and pushing him back. The look in his eyes told CiCi that he was ready to hit her back.

"I just told you to watch that tone in my house!" She yelled, pushing CiCi out the way.

"Imma speak however the fuck I want to in a house that I pay the bills for! When you start paying the water bill then maybe you can tell me how to talk, until then shut the fuck up!" He angrily yelled before storming off.

The sound of the front door slamming caused CiCi to flinch. She looked at mother, trying to find the right words to say.

"Ma," She trailed off.

"Whatch finna yell at me too? Tell me how much of a shitty parent I am? Go ahead." Her voice cracked earning a angry chuckle from CiCi.

"You can't guilt trip me mama." CiCi squinted her eyes at her, "You were wrong and you need to admit that, okay? You can make it up to her by coming with us tomorrow to see her in the afternoon."

She was too nice for her own good.