xiv

-Tine

Silence filled the carriage but internally I was screaming.

What the fuck did I allow to slip out of my mouth

With wary eyes I watched his face, anxiety filling me. The fact that I was still on his lap somehow made this worse. His face went from surprise to worry.

My heart sank to my butt upon seeing his reaction. "I-I mean that I admire you, sir." I quickly got up off his lap and moved to my seat, trying not to show the hurt on my face.

I certainly didn't wanna know this answer.

"Tine.." Sarawat spoke up, moving to the edge of his seat to get closer to me. "Tine, I don't thi-"

"-We've arrive, m'lord." Man called out from outside the carriage, bringing a huge relief to my heart.

"Just a mome-"

"-I'm incredibly tried, and it's quite late!" Before he continued I put on a phony smile and I got to my feet, excusing myself from that claustrophobia inducing box on wheels.

"Tine!" His voice called out to me as I walked, earnestly, until I was far away from him.

What in Heaven's name is wrong with me!

My voice of reason was dead, there was no reason to my humiliation. And I caused my own heart ache.

Not bothering to shower or change, I immediately threw myself on the bed and buried myself under the blankets.

The sun was still out. 'It's quite late!'

I'm insane!

I let myself shamelessly get caught up in the moment and blabbered whatever was in my head. I wanted to throw myself out the window. It was certainly achievable.

-3rd person

"Man." Sarawat beckoned his subject over, alerting him almost immediately. His foot impatiently tapping at the mahogany table in front of his chair.

"Sir." Man bowed a little to lower himself to Sarawat's level.

"Where's Tine?" He asked, the name creating a tingle in his tongue as he said it.

"I believe he's gone to bed, he went straight to his room and hasn't come out." Upon hearing this Sarawat could feel some pain in his chest.

Certainly it had to be pity, it was all he could think of to describe it.

'Knock knock'

"Come in." Boss opened the doors with a strangely dressed man behind him.

"M'Lord, a Mage reached out to us regarding the matter you inquired about." Sarawat's attention flew to the door, his eyes landed on the beautiful cloaked young man who glided into the room.

He dressed shabby but seemed expensive. And he certainly didn't look an age over 22. Sarawat's eyebrows knitted together from the sight of the boy, it pulled him to his feet.

"You're telling me that 'you', know everything about the Danes bloodline?" He paused, awaiting a reaction from the strange man who held no expression.

It seemed as if the man wasn't there to play ball, Sarawat's patience was wearing thin. "I suggest you explain yourself. I'm not a very patient man."

The man stared into the Duke's soul, as if he was reading every single story this man had to tell. But this only angered Sarawat very quickly.

"Get him out of my sight." He waved the man off, turning his back on him before he really acted on his anger.

"No wonder that curse of yours festers." The Mage finally spoke, bringing Sarawat to a halt. "It feeds on the anger and resentment you Danes' thrive on."