you held me down (but I got up)

Start from the beginning

In the center of the room, there is a large table with a map of the city pinned to it. Several officers are gathered around the table, pointing at different locations and discussing something in hushed tones.

Tsukauchi is sitting at a desk in the corner, typing away at his computer. He looks up as they approach, a small smile forming on his face.

"I am glad to see you, two."

Mirko and [Name] gave their greetings. The intern turned their head slightly to see the map and noticed red thumbtacks carefully placed on different locations. Something big must be happening. It looks like the police have been investigating this for a while [Name] bites their inner cheek in thought.

"We need you two to help us with a drug bust."

-----------------------------

Mirko and [Name] move swiftly and silently as they approach the warehouse where they've been told drug dealers are operating. The police had been gathering intel on this gang for weeks, and they finally had enough evidence to make a move. That is where the pair come in as the police don't believe they are confident in arresting everyone in the gang and need an extra pair of hands for safety (it was also a golden opportunity for Tsukauchi that fulfill the request made by Mirko).

As they reach the entrance, [Name] quietly clasps their hand around the doorknob and tests it to see if it is locked. "It's locked, but not for long," they mutter as they begin to work on the lock. They took out the lock picks from their utility belt, bent their knees, and began to work on the door in silence.

Mirko keeps watch, her ears alert for any sign of trouble. [Name] grins as a click is heard and the door opens ajar. Once [Name] opens the door, they enter the warehouse, their guards up for any attacks. [Name] was hopeful for a stealth plan but Mirko convinced them to go guns blazing. It wasn't her style to do things quietly.

The warehouse was dimly lit, filled with the stench of drugs and sweat. Mirko and [Name] moved stealthily through the shadows, their footsteps muffled by the grime on the concrete floor. Suddenly, they heard footsteps approaching, and they quickly took cover behind a stack of crates.

As they peered out, they saw a group of men huddled around a table, counting stacks of cash. [Name] mentally counts and sees it is 5 men in total. They thought there would be more. Mirko gave a signal to them, and they prepared to make their move. But before they could, one of the men looked up and spotted them.

The men froze for a moment, startled by the sudden appearance of the heroes. Only for one to suddenly attack as his arm shot up and knives appeared midair and shot forward. [Name] quickly moved in front of Mirko and pulled out their katana from its sheath, the blade glinting in the dim light. They blocked the knives with ease, the sharp clang of metal ringing through the warehouse.

Meanwhile, Mirko charged forward behind [Name] and does a roundhouse kick to one of the guys, who was shot back into boxes of crates.

[Name] joined in, their sword flashing as they cut through the air. In no time, the room was filled with the sounds of punches and kicks, the clash of steel against steel, and the groans of defeated men. As the last of the drug dealers lay on the ground, Mirko and [Name] stood victorious, chests heaving with exertion as some of the men ended up using their quirks. They surveyed the scene, the warehouse now quiet except for the sound of their heavy breathing.

"That was too easy," [Name] remarked with a smirk.

"Don't let your guard down," Mirko warned. [Name] nods, gripping their katana tightly. "There might be more waiting for us."

After securing the area, [Name] and Mirko step back as the sound of sirens and approaching footsteps fill the air. Mirko gave the signal to the police officers of the job done. Soon enough, a group of uniformed police officers bursts through the door of the warehouse, guns are drawn and ready to apprehend the criminals inside.

The officers quickly move through the space, clearing each room and taking the drug dealers into custody. Mirko and [Name] watch from a safe distance, feeling a sense of satisfaction knowing that they helped put an end to the illegal activity taking place in the warehouse.

As the police officers finish their work, Tsukauchi approaches Mirko and [Name], congratulating them on a successful mission. "Great work, you two. We've been trying to bust these guys for months now. Thanks to you, we finally have enough evidence to put them away for a long time."

Mirko grins, feeling a sense of pride in their accomplishment. "Anytime, Tsukauchi. That's what we're here for."

As Tsukauchi reads the papers, [Name] tries to peek over his shoulder, but he holds them away from view. The tension in the room is palpable, and Mirko's eyes dart between the officers and Tsukauchi, waiting for an explanation. Finally, Tsukauchi speaks up, his voice strained.

"This is a list of all the illegal drugs being trafficked through this warehouse," he says, gesturing to the stack of papers. "It's much larger than we anticipated, and its effects are something that needs further testing. If what I am reading is right, then I need to get in touch with some people right away."

Mirko's eyes narrow, and she crosses her arms. "What kind of drugs?"

Tsukauchi sighs heavily. "We're still gathering intel, but it looks like this might go all the way to the top. We need to get these drugs to forensics right away and start building our case."

It's possible it might connect to the case Nighteye is working on, Tsukauchi thought to himself. A gag order was in place to not speak of the mission Nighteye has been working on for the last couple of months. However, he has a feeling that [Name] will be in the middle of it somehow. Call it his officer instincts, and it tends to be right. The question is, how would [Name] be in the middle of it?

The officers quickly spring into action, combing through the crates and pulling out anything suspicious. Mirko turns to [Name], her expression grim.

"We need to stay on top of this," she says. "I have a feeling it's going to get messy."

-------

I am not dead....or am I? Either way, this is a short chapter. Why? Because I say so. Lol no its because I wanted to get back into the plot. As you can read, I am dropping hints everywhere (hopefully). Yes, Mirko will join the Kamino raid. Sorry, for this being so short and everything. Nevertheless, thank you guys for the 4.5k reads and 173 votes! BTW would you guys be cool with me posting a JJK, Genshin Impact, or AOT ff? I am working on those two as well lol.