Chapter 30: School Festival

Start from the beginning

Everyone seemed confused so I explained. "Most heroes have to keep their personal lives secret so that their loved ones don't get in trouble. Some villains will kidnap or even kill hero's families just to mess with them. Not many people knew about my dad and mom being married until I joined high school." Before they could express shock, I continued. "My dad doesn't like attention, so they had a small and basic wedding. They never acted any different when working together, and not to mention that their oldest kids, the twins, were kidnapped at a young age. Then I was kidnapped, and after I came back I was already in high school. So yeah, not a lot of people knew at the time." We all stayed silent after that, processing the words I said. Suddenly my phone went off. Looking down I was greeting with a notification saying my mom sent 20 pictures. "Here, Deku. All Might with support items. Feel free to send as many to yourself as you want." I handed my phone over, and Deku quickly got to work on sorting the one's that he wanted to send to himself. 

Days blurred together, until the day finally came upon us. The festival was the next day, so we were all hyping ourselves up. Us night owls were still up, some more excited for tomorrow than others. Deku had noticed the rope they were using was frayed, and Kaminari suggested asking Momo to make a new one. Mina shut it down because Momo was sleeping. "Mina's right. And you shouldn't use her like that. Sure it's convenient, but that's not right." He got upset, saying everyone uses him as a phone charger on the daily. "Uh uh. I know you aren't giving me attitude, Kaminari. Besides, if you didn't want to, you could always say no." His argument diminished, so he just didn't say anything. "I'm heading to bed now. I have a long night of strange dreams ahead of me. Later!" I turned, heading off to bed. Before I could even leave, Kirishima spoke. "Is that why you stay up so late?" I kept walking as I answered his question in a fake british accent. "Tis true good sir. My odd dreams leave me rather startled so I hold off until the last possible moment. With that I bid thee adieu and good night." And off to bed I went, listening to everyone chuckle at my response.

The morning of the school festival was finally here, and we were all putting the finishing touches on our costumes. At some point we decided that I would start with the dancing group, so I was in their costume. Nerves were setting in, but I shook them off as best I could. I slowly began jumping from one foot to another, shaking my hands as if that would make the bubbles of anxiety go away. "Are you that nervous, Abby? I don't think I've ever seen you like this." Glancing over at Mina, I realized that this really was strange of me to do. "Oh... I guess you're right. This is pretty nerve wracking though. Fighting villains is one thing, but dancing and doing special effects for entertainment is entirely different. "Do us a favor, toy. Put on a little show. If there isn't blood then I'll make sure there will be." I froze at the voice, eyes widening. The closest I'd ever been to entertaining others was fighting for the League. It was similar to throwing someone in the lion's den, if the lion was me and if I lost it would result in punishment. Bakugo placed a hand on my shoulder, reminding me that I needed to breathe. I placed my hand on top of his, leaning against him and taking deep breaths. When I calmed down, I looked at Bakugo to thank him, but realized something. "Have you guys seriously not gotten the shirt on Bakugo yet? Give me that Kaminari." I snatched the shirt out of his hands, forcing it over Bakugo's head. He grumbled in protest, but put his arms through the sleeves. I brushed my hands against each other, smiling proudly. "There you go. Now you look like your our drummer. Let's make this a killer show, shall we?" I held my hand out to Bakugo, who smirked as he took it, spinning me around before pulling me closer. "If it'll be anything like practices have gone, we'll knock 'em dead before the song's even over." Everyone made an 'aww' sound, trying to tease us, but we just rolled our eyes.

The two of us had to separate, and rush onto stage by the time the show starts. The curtains opened at 10, just like they were supposed to. We were all greeted by the sight of bright lights, so bright that I couldn't even see the crowd. That helps with the feeling of eyes at least. Now just to perform like practice. And that's just what we did. The show seemed flawless, and from up on the raptors it was easy to see everything. At some point in the show, I heard Mirio thinking something, and I looked to see Eri smiling brightly. We got her to smile. I consider it a mission success. I continued performing, and when the show was over, we all worked on cleaning up. When Eri noticed me, she rushed forward, jumping up. Thankfully I caught her. "Hey there, Eri. Did you enjoy the show?" She nodded quickly, a large smile on her face. Even though I was performing, she told me everything that happened, and it was so darn adorable that I couldn't help but smile with her. "Well that sounds like it was awesome. I'm glad you had fun. I gotta get back to cleaning, but once that's done what do you say we go hang out. I'm sure there's more places you can have fun at." She nodded rapidly, rushing back to Mirio to tell him the plan. I worked quickly so that everything would be cleaned up, and as soon as it was, I met up with Eri and Mirio. "Alright, so the beauty pageant is starting soon, isn't it? I vote we head there first." Eri nodded, as did Mirio.