Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster

ابدأ من البداية

Y/n frowned in confusion at the sudden sound. He turned back to see Laxus, whose entire body was shaking, but not out of fear.

Laxus: Hahhahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

The Dragon Slayer laughed like a mad man with his face tilted up to the sky.
Laxus slowly shifted his head to Y/n's direction.

Y/n felt a cold shiver shoot down his spine at the crazed look in the eyes of Laxus. There was only one thing Y/n could conclude from such a reaction- 'The Dragon Slayer had finally lost it'

Laxus: Yes...Yes....Yes!!! Finally! I have waited for this moment forever!!! The moment where I rise to the top and become the strongest in the whole guild. The moment where I defeated the 'Greatest Treasure' of Fairy Tail.

Laxus was chuckling like a lunatic. The madness in his slowly intesifying. Y/n couldn't get a read on Laxus at all.

Y/n: Not to rain on your parade of mental detoriation, but how exactly are you goibg to accomplish that?

Y/n immediately regretted asking the Dragon Slayer. Laxus didn't respond, instead he pressed his index finger and thumb together.

Electricity cackled around the two joined appendages, before a similar reaction started occurring in the sky, except it was on a much larger scale.

Y/n's head shot upward as he gazed on in horror. Hundred spheres of light flickered in the blue sky. For those unaware of its origin, it would be regarded as a special event for the Fantasia Parade.

However, it was something much, much darker. The spheres of light were no measly carnival decorations. They were powerful engines of mass destruction, packed with energy equivalent to hundreds of first-class wizards.

Laxus: I hope you did not forget my precious Thunder Palace, did you Y/n?

The innocent tone of his voice truly aggravated the God Arsenal. Y/n didn't care much about Dragon Slayer's obsession to be number one, rather the prospect of battle amused Y/n too.

However, this time, Y/n was not amused at all. Laxus had put thousands of lives on the line just to fight Y/n. This was not entertaining by a long shot.

Y/n: Laxus... don't you dare....

The Dragon Slayer smiled coyly. He rubbed his two fingers together, a gesture which greatly provoked the God Arsenal.

Laxus: Or, what? You would need to be faster than light itself to stop me and we are both well aware that there is a limit to even what you can do?

Y/n clenched his fists. Laxus was right. There are restrictions to a wizard even as strong as him. Y/n felt so helpless at his inability to protect the people of his very own city. If only he was here a little earlier than perhaps.....

???: What the hell are you doing, man!? This ain't the time to be acting like a kicked puppy.

Y/n grabbed his ears in pain from the sudden outburst. He looked around, but there was no one to be found. He frowned in confusion.

???: Oi! Y/n it's me, Gray!

Y/n's eyes widened in realisation. This was Warren's Telepathy Magic. He was currently in a mental link between Gray and himself.

Y/n: Gray?

Gray: Yes! Now listen up, this is no time to be moping around. Everyone is giving their all and we cannot have are best chance at defeating Laxus go to waste.

Y/n: But... Thunder Palace.....

Gray: Don't worry, just wait and watch.

Y/n frowned in confusion before tilting his head upwards. His eyes widened as several rays of light shot towards the Lightning Lacrimas. He narrowed his eyes and saw that the light rays were actually swords of steel. This was Erza's Requip Magic.