Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm

Mystogan and Laxus were still engaged in their battle with the latter getting more and more tired by the second.

The current situation wasn't favorable for Laxus whatsoever. Mystogan easily dodged his heavy attacks while countering the lighter ones with even more relative ease.

Laxus: Damnit you bastard! How long are you going to keep up this charade?!

Laxus tried to punch Mystogan in the face, but the latter dodged by dissolving into mist. Mystogan reappeared a few feet away.

Laxus gritted his teeth in frustration. He needed to find a way to restrain this slick bastard. Or else, Mystogan may just steal the victory from him.

Laxus glared at hooded man with anger bubbling up in his eyes. However, Laxus stopped when a loght bulb flickered over his head.

Laxus: 'Wait a minute! Looking at this predicament from an outsider's perspective, it was clear that I am the bad guy while Mystogan was the hero supposed to defeat me.'

Laxus felt his face breaking into a maniacal grin. He slowly turned to Mystogan, looking at him dead in the eyes.

Laxus: Oi! I just realised something you know. Looking at it from a third party perspective, I am clearly the villain and you are the 'Knight in shining armor', isn't it?

Y/n unfolded his arms with his face turning pale. He was alarmed by the words of the Lighting wizard. Clearly, he was upto something nefarious.

Mystogan also felt the same. He knew Laxus wasn't a man who liked to start conversation in the middle of a fight.

Laxus: You see, I have a proposal for you Mystogan.

Mystogan stared at Laxus with suspecting eyes. He gestured for him to continue.

Laxus smirked with a new-found confidence in his eyes.

Laxus: Then how about this, you agree to fight me head on without dodging like a coward and in return I will hold back from activating Thunder Palace.

The words that left the tongue of the S-Class wizard were like bombs packed with excessive gunpowder. The entirety of Magnolian wizards were well aware of the mighty magic- Thunder Palace.

Y/n also knew about one of the strongest magic spell used by Laxus. He had seen Laxus use it first hand, to quell rebellious forces who were unfortunate enough to be within its vicinity.

Y/n's hands tightened into fist, fingernails daring draw blood from his palms. The room temperature hit rock-bottom.

Mystogan also trembled in rage. He didn't care about the unfair restrictions forced onto him. Right now, he wanted nothing more than beat the shit out of Laxus.

Laxus: What's the matter? You better decide soon or else....

Laxus pressed his middle finger against his thumb. Sparks of electricity flashed around the two appendages.

Mystogan was alarmed by the gesture as he knew that was the activation command for the feared magic spell.
He took in a deep breath before....

Mystogan: Fine.... I accept your conditions.....

Laxus held a smug look on his face as he halted his action.

Laxus: Good, it seems like you are more than Y/n's lapdog after all.

Mystogan didn't respond to the lightning wizards poor attempt in provoking him.

Mist started to seep through Mystogan's cloak, rolling around the surface of the room.