18) Mother

Mallika's POV :

I opened the door to get engulfed in a not so comfortable hug.

My mother kissed all over my face, hugging the life out of me.

"How you're sweetheart?" I wanted to cringe so hard.

No I don't have problems with her, she's my mother but I wasn't in a very greeting happy mood.

"I'm fine. mom, come inside please." I said stepping aside and she happily moved inside and I shut the door.

"Why is your apartment so untidy? How do you even sleep?"

Because I've no staff unlike you 24/7

"I was exhausted today." I said plopping on the couch.

"And nice, you've kept your and your dad's photo here. Not mine though." She looked at me.

"I don't remember having a good photo with you." I say.

"Oh. But we've so many memories. Remember the video call I made from Britain?" She asks with a smile.

"Yeah, it was good."

Boring to be precise.
She was showing me models in bikinis shooting for some advertisement.

"Did you had dinner?" I nodded.

"Great, let's get to bed. I'm jettlagged, where is your room?"

What on earth?

That's my room.

"You have a queen size bed right?" Before I could answer she walked inside.

"Mallika, come here." And there she starts

"Your top is lying there, so much dust. And this is not even a proper bed. How are you living like this since a year?"

Because that's what I can afford.

"We need to have big discussions tomorrow. And inform your dad too, he must reach by tomorrow."

"WHAT? "

"Stop shouting. I couldn't connect to him, so inform him. I'm going to sleep. Goodnight."

I stood there watching agape her controlling my normal life from the second she has entered.

I walked outside and sat on the sofa and dialled dad.

"Hello?"

"Hi dad." I mumbled.

"Mallika, is everything alright? You didn't called me the entire day. " He asked worridly.

"Mom is here." I breathed out.

There was silence.

Silence.

Silence

Silence

"Dad?"

"Did she say anything ?" He asked .

"Something like she wants to have a big discussion tomorrow and tell you to come here by tomorrow. " He hummed.

"You knew?" He didn't reply.

"Dad, what is happening?"

"I won't let anything happen. And don't think we will sort it out, nothing to worry. Goodnight beta." And before I could reply the call was disconnected.

I barely slept on the couch itself after the call. I walked at 5 AM outside to the ground floor. I walked in the apartment garden, giving fake smiles to some known and unknown people.