14

Talia was reeling as Aisha explained the situation.

The girls were supposed to stop Bloom, not help her.

The staff had secrets, that was for sure, but Talia trusted Dowling, if she said this Rosalind person was bad news, Talia agreed.

Dowling and Harvey followed Aisha to the school, Talia stayed with Silva and the specialists.

"Should I be worried I had to find out from Aisha that Bloom drugged you, Sky?"

Silva asked, as they hiked along the perimeter.

"I don't know. Should I be worried I had to learn from Bloom what happened at Aster Dell?"

Talia cringed.

Sky had told her about Aster Dell before they went their separate ways from the stone circle.

Whatever happened, Aster Dell was decimated, that much was true.

"We'll talk about this later."

Silva grunted.

"What's the situation?"

They reached Kat, who was surveying the footage of Noura's phone call.

"I think the Burned One's through there."

She said, pointing to the forest ahead.

Kat pulled up the footage again, everyone flinched at the sound of Noura's screams.

Talia tried to block out the snarls of the burned ones, memories of her terrifying encounters flashing through her mind.

"Kat."

Silva said seriously, drawing their focus back in.

"I recognize the hollow Noura ran past."

Kat confirmed, nodding in the direction ahead.

"Right, let's go."

Rivens eyes widen.

"Wait, wait. Without fairies?"

"Hey!"

Talia said waving her arms in motion to herself.

"One fairy. We counted at least six Burned Ones. That's fucking stupid."

"That's an order, Riven."

Sky said moodily.

"Suck it up."

Suddenly the ground shuddered, and a loud shriek emanated from the direction of the campus.

"That noise isn't coming from the forest."

Sky said alarmed.

"It's coming from the school."

Silva didn't waste time.

"Right, get back and gather all the students,and bring them to the main courtyard. Move!"

Many of the specialists loaded into the jeeps, but Sky took off on foot.

Talia followed, hot on his heels.

"Keep an eye out! If there's burned ones at the school they could be anywhere."

Sky ordered as Talia caught up, struggling to match the taller boys stride.

"If we find one, go for its neck, I'll handle the rest."

Talia managed between gasps of breath.

Sky gave an affirmative serious nod, filling Talia with confidence.