Into the unkown

(Please don't say anything about frozen 2, that's not why I named this chapter that! Lol anyways hope you enjoy)

In Brooklyn, You lived in a small apartment building. You were currently exploring the sewage, why? Well that would need some explaining.

You lived alone and was actually quite content with being alone. You were always told by your parents to meet someone and settle down, but you haven't really found anyone. Plus, you wanted to find someone without looking.

You loved the chase and  loved the adventure. Everyday, going to work, at your boring desk job, nothing exciting ever happens! So, as much as you liked staying at home sometimes, you were getting absolutely bored.

So, when you heard that there was apparently a mysterious world in the sewers. You immediately left your apartment building and you quickly went to the closest pipe.

'Maybe this new place will be just the adventure I'm looking for!' You thought as you went inside the sewers and started to investigate. You wandered around a little, the only thing in hand was a flashlight, you turned it on and started walking around.

All you could hear was a faint drip of something, as you made your way through the place you accidentally tripped on something and fell down, deeper into the sewage system.

As you fell, you screamed slightly, when you landed, you fell face first on concrete. It hurt like hell. You groaned then slowly got up from the ground, you looked in front of you and noticed a green tunnel. Was it a tunnel? You had no idea.

You stood up and walked over to it, taking your flashlight and looking inside. 'Is this where the new world is?' You questioned as you pointed your flashlight as far as you could. You slowly move inside the tunnel and continue to look deeper.

When suddenly, you fell yourself get sucked inside. 'What the?!' You looked confused as your Y/O (your outfit) started to blow like a great wind was ahead. You then were completely sucked inside the tunnel, you screamed confused and scared.

What was going on?! As you closed your eyes due to the speed of your movement. When you opened your eyes, they widened in surprise. You had no idea where you were but you landed on the ground with little to no grace.

Face planting on the grass, you groaned yet again. You slowly started to lift yourself up then realized how bright it was, you covered your eyes slightly from the sun. When your eyes fully adjusted to the new light, they widened in astonishment.

You were definitely in that strange new world that everyone was talking about. The place was bright and sunny, grass and mushrooms that grew way taller than you were all around. You looked around absolutely astonished, "wow.." you said to yourself softly, looking around curiously.

You looked at a mushroom and touched it, you pulled it from the ground and inspected it. It looked like a normal earth mushroom but a little bigger than normal. You squinted and tried to look at it better when you heard a little voice.

"Hey! Don't eat that!" The voice exclaimed, you jumped slightly quickly throwing the mushroom on the ground. You turned towards the voice but had to look down slightly. A mushroom man stood before you, he looked at you with kindness, chuckling softly.

"He he, just kidding that one's perfectly fine" he said softly, smiling kindly. Your eyes widened and you gasped in surprise, you quickly move a couple inches away from him. "Who are you?!" You asked the mushroom man, confused.

"Well, I'm toad!" He greeted pointing to himself proudly. "You're in the mushroom kingdom! Welcome, I'm guessing you came from the green tunnel behind you?" He questioned, tilting his head slightly. You turned around towards the green tunnel you came through, it was still there.

You turned back around and nodded, he smiled brighter. "Oh! Then you should meet Mario and Luigi" he told you, grabbing your hand. You flinched slightly, not knowing if you could trust him. "Don't be shy, Mario and Luigi are human too" "they can help you go back home" he told you, as he started to walk towards the kingdom.

You walked with him and sighed softly, "but- I don't wanna go back home" you told him truthfully, he looked at you surprised. "Really? Why?" He asked confused, you just shrugged, "back home...it's kinda boring" "I like a little adventure!" You exclaimed excitedly.

He laughed and nodded, "ha! I do too" he told you happily, turning back towards the fields. "You'll like the Mario brothers and princess peach too" he told you happily, as you walked up to the mushroom kingdom.

You titled your head curiously, "princess peach?" You questioned, he smiled kindly and nodded. "Yes! Princess peach toadstool" "she's the princess of the mushroom kingdom" he explained to you, smiling proudly.

"So...she's your princess then?" You asked him to which he nodded. "Indeed! It's my sworn duty to protect her, and so far I have kept my word!" He exclaimed determinedly. You smiled at toads determined nature and continued to follow him.

When walking through the mushroom village, seeing all the other toads, it was crazy! You curiously watched as the toads walked around and did their businesses, curious of what they did exactly and how they made their home.

Anytime you asked toad questions however, he would be pretty obscure about it. You decided to stop asking after you asked him about the architecture and he just said "pretty cool right? Built them years ago....before I was born" he said proudly, "do you know anything about how they were built?" You asked him curiously, he shrugged. "Nope" he said simply.

You decided not to ask anything else until you both made it to the castle. It was huge! Probably as big as the queen of englands castle maybe bigger! (Probably not true lol) you looked up at the castle in awe, as toad knocked on the castle door. Two guard toads stood by, they pointed their weapons at you both.

You stilled and looked at toad nervously, toad stood proudly. "We would like to speak to the Mario brothers and princess peach" he tells them and they look at each other before placing their weapons away and letting you guys through.

You walk with toad through the palace and look around a little. Pretty pictures on the walls, you stare at each one as you guys make it to one of the many rooms. Toad knocks on the door then turns to you. "Get ready to meet the Mario bros!" He exclaimed happily, as the doors swung open.

You smiled brightly when you saw two human brothers about the same age as you. They stood in front of the door, proudly smiling. One wore mostly red and had a cap that had an 'M' on it while the other who was slightly taller wore mostly green with an 'L' cap on.

The red one quickly looked over at Toad. "Hey, best friend!" He greeted him, giving him a quick high five. Toad happily gave him a high five back, chuckling softly. The green one looked at me slightly surprised, "woah, I guess we got another visitor" he said softly, smiling slightly.

You smiled back at him and nodded, "yeah, hi I'm Y/N" you greeted, looking at both brothers. The red one smiled kindly at you, "nice to meet you, Y/N" "I'm Mario and this is my brother, Luigi" Mario greeted, pointing towards his brother.

Luigi blushed awkwardly and waved at me. "Hey, nice to meet you" he said back, smiling at you. You smiled back, "nice to meet you guys too" "so, what is this place? Mind giving me a tour?" You asked kindly, Mario smiled brightly and stood in front of you.

"Of course we don't mind! I'll give you the grand tour" he exclaimed proudly, standing next to you. "Then you can meet up with the princess" he said happily, toad nodded excitedly, quickly following after us. Luigi stood at the door before following after you guys.

(That's it for chapter 1! You'll meet princess peach next chapter and learn about bowser, anyways hope you enjoyed!)