[Epilogue] - The REAL Happy Ending.

Timekeeper sat at its desk, speaking to Curator.

"So?" It spoke quickly, eagerly, almost, "What did Stanley say?"

Curator stood in front of the desk, looking up at Timekeeper. "He said yes."
Timekeeper sighed, happily, "I'm glad. They deserve each other. I'm glad you offered to help, Curator."

"So am I.." Curator approached Timekeeper, who stood up from their desk, heading towards Curator them self. Shrinking down, Timekeeper was now the size of Curator. Curator leaned in, pecking Timekeeper on the cheek as the muddle of clocks faded away, as well as the darkness. Left stood there was a person. Not quite Female, not quite Male.

"I prefer seeing you like this, Time," Curator spoke, leaning in for a hug, "The clocks are quite intimidating.."

Timekeeper chuckled, embracing Curator, "I'm sorry Love.. I don't mean to intimidate you. I can stay like this if you wish."
Timekeeper felt Curator nod, and eventually, the two separated, and continued with their jobs.

———————————————
*Time Skip* - Four Months

Narrator and Stanley had settled in together, and were now sharing Narrator's room. Routine had fallen back to normal, interrupted by a date every three weeks.

The pair would go and watch a movie at the cinema, Narrator's choice, before heading to a restaurant of Stanley's choice, and vice versa every three weeks. They were happy like this, and they were happy together. Nothing else negative happened, and Stanley and Narrator lived out their lives normally for as long as they knew.

And they were happy..

250 Words ✔︎