"Who?" I asked.

"Your mate. The Moon God," he said. "I'm not stupid Addy. Í know he's your mate and the father of MY grandchild," he said.

"Dad, please. I can't do this with you right now," I said.

"Touch my wife again and you're a dead man," my dad said.

I struggled to get up so Jace came and helped me. My father grabbed his arm. They started tousling. 

"Mom!" I yelled. "Mom please!"

They bumped into me, sending me crashing to the floor. I screamed. I crawled to the couch to get up. My mom finally came out.

"What's going on out here?" She asked.

Then she saw me on the floor and rushed over. She helped me get up and I started crying.

"Viktor! Stop it. You knocked over your pregnant daughter," she shouted.

He looked surprised and started towards me with his arms outstretched. We saw him get restrained, his arms pinned behind his back.

"Jace stop," I yelled.

"I knew it!" My dad yelled triumphantly. 

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" My mother said to me.

I told her why I was there and what happened with dad and Jace. She looked a little guilty and I knew why. She couldn't tell him he had nothing to worry about without confessing to having the bond all that time.

"Maybe I should have a talk with your father. Can you wait for me?" She asked.

"The doctor wants to see me now," I said.

"What do you want to talk about, Joyana?" My father asked.

"Forget it. I'll go," I said not wanting to sit through this.

"Addy wait," my mother said. "I have to go Viktor. We'll talk later."

I grab her hand and teleport her to our house. Jace was there waiting. I grab him then teleport to the hospital. I was starting to get tired.

"I didn't know you could do that," my mother said.

We had to wait for a room as my contractions started speeding up. I grinned and bore it as the pain went through me. A nurse came and took us to a room.

My mother was on my left side while Jace was on my right. When the doctor came and examined me, he said it wouldn't be long. I was really thirsty but I was only allowed ice chips. I couldn't wait to get this over with.

Twenty three hours later, we were welcoming Michael Jericho Devereaux. His name was a mouthful but it suited him. He clearly took after his father. 

"You did so good, sugar," Jace said. "He's perfect."

I was checking out his hands and feet when a wave of exhaustion hit me. I wrapped him up again and handed him to Jace. I was out within five minutes.

*****

I was woken up an hour later for a demonstration on breastfeeding. It was recommended that I do so for the first six months. I was so tired I don't think I fully appreciated or comprehended the tutorial. Luckily, Jace was paying attention. I could always rely on him.

I fed my baby for the first time then went back to sleep. I was up and down all day feeding the baby. My mom stayed with me all three days in the hospital. I teleported her home once we got settled in the house.