As the places where Akarna could appear decreased, naturally the existence of Akarna also decreased. As an Akarna’s existence, who can purify miasma, decreased, the beasts naturally became more active.

The beast’s land expanded. Instead, only the empire and the temple that secured Akarna were powerful.

“You know what? Even 200 years ago, an Akarna was treated like a god here. God doesn’t exist, but the foolish humans of Caranazion must have called them that. They were loved like the Elandos of El Ragnile. It has changed so much now…”

Jiwoo’s hand grew tense. Perhaps if she had clenched her fists by herself, her nails would have dug into her palms. However, Helka held on tight to prevent her from doing so.

“What the hell is an Akarna?”

“…It’s like a natural phenomenon. It is a phenomenon that happens by chance as the world spins. However, when the providence of one dimension and the providence of another dimension collide, the existence caught between them cannot overcome the impact and is torn to pieces. If the beings with a strong will to live to survive, they become an Akarna.”

A stranger who deviates from this world’s laws of nature, a being who instinctively knows how to cut off threats that deviates from the rules.

It was the ability to nullify anything that posed a threat to her in an unfamiliar world. The healing and purifying powers that manifested, could be explained by this.

Enciertes said in a pitiful voice.

“You were born with a strong will and vitality, but in the end, you’re just an ordinary person.”

“How did you forcefully summon someone like that?”

“You can replace that life force with something else. Maybe… whenever an Akarna was summoned, there must have been a big war. Many villages were said to have been annihilated by the beasts.”

However, the Akarna artificially generated in the temple was far inferior to how they were reputed 200 years ago. She didn’t go through the dimension with her own will, so this was only a given. And with that extent, the temple bound the new Akarnas, intimidating them and using them easily.

She reached a realization.

The temple announced that Jiwoo was the incarnation of a newly descended god, and immediately propagated that the god would take care of the war-torn empire.

It means they were at war.

A god dwells in Akarna to take care of this land of chaos!

A god has descended to save the people of this land suffering from the beasts!

The priests’ deafening shouts were still stuck in her head.

Right now, she was dizzy with so much information pouring in. She was also taken aback.

The heretics she thought she should avoid—the alchemists of the outer wall—were the only saviors of the suffering Akarna.

‘After all, you’re just an ordinary person.’

She could not help but feel suffocated by those words.

She didn’t want to do anything as the Akarna. She wanted to live a normal life. However, this alchemist acknowledges her vitality, but calls her an ordinary person.

She seemed to know what Helkainis was preparing for. He seemed to be thinking of replacing the life force she had to pay while interfering with the providence of the dimensions.