Chapter 9

"Excuse me miss, what brings you here? Can i help you?" Ask Lennox nicely.

The woman turns to him and reveals herself. Lennox see her face and started to recognise her. A little shock appears in his face. "Why are you here?". A slight confusion tone can be heard in his voice.

Woman just smiles, "Nice to meet you too Lennox. It's been a while. You still look the same as the last time i saw you. Hunky~." The woman just greets him casually.

Lennox just kept quiet staring at her blankly for quite some time. They both standing Infront of his door staring each other waiting for one of them to breaks the silence.

"Well, aren't you gonna invite me inside, Lennox? It's starting to get dark real soon" said the woman after the weather is started to become more chilly. The sun is also becoming more darker indicating that the day will be blessed by raining.

"Sure" replies Lennox and heading to his front door. He opens the lock and they both come inside.

Inside, they both have a seat at the sofa placed in his office. Lennox is sitting facing her only being divided by the coffe table. Evangeline is serving coffees to them.

"So, what exactly is your purpose meeting me?" Ask him curiously. The mysterious woman is still sipping her coffee slowly.

"Nothing serious. I just want to see you. That's all. I see your business is growing competently. That is something that should be admired".

Lennox chuckles."Thank you for the kind word. It took some time but I'm pretty satisfied with its success."

"Oh please Lennox. Don't be so formal with me. We've been known each other for quite sometime. We're not strangers" said her with a laugh.

Lennox sigh, " Just stop this useless conversation and tell me what do you want Isabella" Said Lennox with a slight stern tone.

The woman named Isabella is jolted by his stern scold. She visibly become more nervouse. Her breath started to get more shaky.

"I-.. i want you back Lennox. I want us together...like we're used to." she stutters the sentence. Lennox is still staring at her without any reaction whatsoever. "I know that in the past I treated you horribly and i realised that. I'm truly sorry and i will make up for it. I just hope that-"

"Stop. I've heard enough. Thank you for your time. Evengeline, please escort our client to exit the building. Thank you". Said Lennox with the most serious intentions.

Isabella is still shocked by the sudden order just obey to what his saying. Evengeline comes to her and said ,"Right this way Miss". She can't say anything because it won't be effective against someone like Lennox.

Isabella is being sent to the door by Evengeline. Isabella stops at the door and said, "Can you please give this to him. It looks like now is not a good time. And this is my card. Have a good day". Then she gets in her car and drove away.

Evengeline goes to Lennox. "Sir, she give you this. I don't know what it is but i think it's important" said Evengeline after giving him the goods. "Thank you Eve".

"I don't want to be a busybody which i am now but, who is she? By the looks of it, she seems like an upperclass woman. Very attractive and rich." Ask Eve curious.

"She is someone i knew before. Way before i met you. But that's another story. Sorry, today's a tiring day. I'll tell you later. You can go home now." Replies him.

"Awwww. But i wanna hear it. Fine! You owe me a story and i will keep haunting you. Even in your dream. So watch out!".

Lennox chuckles. "Don't worry Eve. When the time comes, you'll know. Every details of it. Now go on. I'm going to bed" Urge him. "Okie dokie".

At Hamada residence...

Cass couldn't sleep after their 'breakfast' with Lennox. She felt like after meeting with him left something in her heart. She likes how he talks to her and Hiro. Very gentle for someone with physique and appearance. He also very manly but not toxic to anyone around him.

She sigh deeply as she's in dilemma of her own feelings. She is unsure of how she felt towards him. Obsess, love, respect? To be honest she felt respect more than anything else. Love is too absurd and obsessed? She cringe just thinking about it. If she's really, really honest, it kinda all of it.

"Ahhh! Nonsense! We're literally just met! It's impossible! Now Cass. Snap out of it! You are an independent woman! Don't fall in love with a man you just met. If you are, you're really losing your touch!".

Mochi from being deep sleep to giving unsatisfied stare to her because of her mumbling woke him up.

"Okay2. Just relax. He's just a friend. No more than that. Besides, what did i have to lose if i stay friends with him. Nothing right? It's the opposite. Okay! It's been decided! I'm going to be friends with him!" She said with determination. Then she goes to sleep.