Chapter 1: Friend's confession

What a lovely day in San Fransokyo to be alive. The sun is elegantly shining upon the blessed land. The weather is quite warm as the summer breeze embrace the once again another day.

In San Fransokyo, there is one woman that familiar with the busyness of the daylight in San Fransokyo. She is also a part of it. She opened up a cafe to be exact and it is one of the popular cafe there. Her name is Cass Hamada. She runs the cafe on her own and runs that cafe for quite some time. That's how she can take care of Tadashi and Hiro, her nephews.

"Looks like another busy day,hey Mochi!" Said the woman in her 30s to her pet cat named Mochi. "Meoww" Mochi replies to her back with slight enthusiasm tone. "Good girl!" Said her in full spirits and turn on the 'OPEN' light.

After she prepares the opening of the cafe, people started to crowding her cafe like a swarm of bees found a honey stacks. She is so used to the busy environment and that's what makes her the best in the business.

She pours the hot coffe after seeing the cup was almost empty, giving the orders to the customers, serving the hot chocolate cake, cleaning the table, and her usual work. Most of the customers are her acquaintance and best friends that known her a long time. One of her best friends is Sayaka that known her since elementary school and still continues the close friendship until the very moment.

"Everyday's a busy day right Cass?" Said Sayaka. " Yup and that's what i love about it" replies her. Sayaka just smiles at her knowing her long enough to understand her mannerism. "So you're not doing anything fun this weekend?". Ask her. "Sayaka, the café's is all the fun i need". Sayaka smiles again not suprise by the answer.

But something bothers Sayaka. She felt a little sympathy for her. Seeing her friend doing the hard work but the hard work is quite understandable because she's a workaholic but she rather spending time alone in the cafe without anyone by her side is quite heartbreaking. She doesn't want her best friend to become spinster by the time she hit forties.

"Cass. Can i talk to you for a moment?" Call her for Cass. Cass that is in the middle of wiping the counter off replies "What is it Sayaka?" Without even looking at her. "Just come here,please..?" Begs her more. Cass sigh "Alright fine..". She sits Infront of her and ask "What is it?"

"Can i ask you a question?" Ask her. Cass felt a weird feeling but just go on with it "Ookayyy. Hehehe what is it?". "Don't you tired of doing this?" Ask her. " What are you talking about? This café is my life! I'll never tired doing this even i break my every other bone in my body!" Replies her in a higher tone.

"Whoops. Sorry. Wrong question. What I mean is don't you tired of doing this...alone?". "No. I'm not alone. I got Tadashi and Hiro helping me. As long as i got them, I'll never be lonely." Replies Cass. Sayaka slap her face in disbelief, " I know you got both of them, but they are only your nephews. How long they're gonna stick with you until they're all grown up? Don't you wanna find someone your age? Someone that you LOVE?".

Cass is stunned. It's been a long time that this topic was brought up to her. She works so hard everyday untill she feels nothing about love or being loved. All she care about is her nephews and her café. She is speeches.

"Look i know this topic is kinda hard for you but as your best friend, i wouldn't want to see you old will all the ugly wrinkles spending time alone without anyone besides you. That is just sad you know. All that money is giving you a sweet life. But with someone to spend with, it'll much more sweeter" said Sayaka closing the conversation. She stands up and give the money to Cass and leaving Cass alone in her thoughts. Cass snap out of her thoughts and continues to doing her work.