Chapter Sixteen

•·················•·················••·················•·················•

My back hits the bed and I let out a loud huff. My body hurt, my brain felt scrambled and I had a sheen of sweat covering me. I needed a shower but I'm not sure if my legs work anymore.

"I'll order us pizza," Dice said from beside me. A few heartbeats pass, he doesn't move and I laugh. "I'll get up in a minute."

He sounded almost as breathless as I felt.

"You'll have to get up first because I'm going to need time before my legs work again," I tell him, this time he laughs, a dark chuckle that sends butterflies into my stomach. No, I chide myself. I couldn't handle another round right now, and I'm not sure Dice could either. Three was probably pushing his limits, given that the sun was still up.

Dice groans as he sits up and then slides out of my bed. In all his naked glory he walks to the bathroom and disappears into it without bothering to close the door. I stretch in bed, my overworked muscles screaming in protest. Rolling off of the bed, my legs shake a little as I stand. But hey, they worked. Leaving my room I go and pick up our discarded clothing, bringing it back to my room and tossing them into two piles on the bed.

Dice comes back out, walking past me with a hand running against my back, and grabs his phone. "Sausage and onion?"

"Yes." It warmed some part of me that he remembered my favorite pizza tops.

"And breadsticks?"

"Duh," I said moving to the bathroom. I close the door behind me, I'm not that comfortable with leaving it open while I do my business. Moving to the shower, I feel a stickiness between my thighs. The last few hours rush back to me and I cringe at myself for being an idiot. Moving back to the bathroom door I crack it open to see Dice still on his phone. "Dice?"

"Yes, Mouse?" He asks without looking up.

"Can you order something else for me?" His eyes came up to meet mine in a silent question. I swallow the awkward feeling and mentally curse the heat I can feel spreading over my face. "Plan B?"

His lips part and I could tell it caught him off guard. I slip back into the bathroom trying to avoid the weirdness of it. Then I remember something, so I stick my head back out, without meeting his eyes. "And condoms, I clearly don't have any."

I was a Goddamn doctor and here I was ducking back into the bathroom to hide from the awkward conversation of plan B.

I take my time in the shower, half expecting Dice to join in. When he doesn't I frown and dry off. Leaving the bathroom I take note of my bed, my pile of clothes is still there, but his aren't. A sinking feeling hits me and I want to scream out of frustration. Did I freak him out by mentioning plan B? Was he that easy to scare off?

Moving to my clothes I pull them on, then look around the room. A note? Nothing? Picking up my phone I see there are no new messages from him and my thumbs hover over the keyboard on my phone. What would I say? You fucked me and left with no word?

There was an embarrassed blush on my face and I felt so fucking stupid.

I curl my arms around myself and move to my kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge and slamming it closed. Feeling embarrassed and angry isn't something I'm used to. Anger sure, but not so much embarrassment, not since I was a teenager when a mean girl had decided I was the perfect target for a fake period prank. I had sat in a pool of red ink, the class had laughed when I stood and she pointed it out. I wanted to die on the spot. This time I wanted to punch something.

The click of a door makes my heart jump into my throat, and I could see my front door handle turn. I'm making a break for the drawer with my big kitchen knife when the door opens to show Dice, with a filled grocery bag. It feels like all my anger and embarrassment bleeds out of my body, just to be replaced by confusion.

"Where did you go?" I ask him.

His surprised eyes meet mine, his foot hooks the door and it's swung closed behind him. "There's a CVS down the street, so I figured I'd grab what you needed instead of making the delivery guy do it."

My shoulders fall as he steps up to my island counter. Dumping the bag out onto it, my brows raise. Plan B was there, and so were three small boxes of condoms, and three of those small containers of ice cream. I grab the box and rip it open, now feeling stupid. A hand grasps my chin and my head is tilted up to meet Dice's gaze. "Did you think I left?"

I run my bottom lip through my teeth before answering him. "I didn't know what happened, all your stuff was gone."

There's a smirk that forms on his face, and suddenly I wanted to punch something again. Preferably him. "It's not funny."

His hand falls from my face, the smirk doesn't fall, it just turns into a full-blown smile. "It is a little. I wouldn't leave without saying anything."

"But you did."

"I thought I'd get back before you got out of the shower." I let out a huff, going back to pull out the insides of the box. He grabs up the ice cream and puts it in the freezer. My stomach at least didn't feel like it was going to roll out of me. Now I just had to worry about the squeeze my chest gave me when Dice pressed himself to my back, hands gripping my hips.