Chapter 15 -Drunk truths

(Back in time before Leah see's them)

As Lucy and Juliana snuggle in the cold, the air is electric with the anticipation of what's to come. Lucy can feel her heart beating fast in her chest, her head spinning with the alcohol and the intensity of her attraction to Juliana.

The sound of Juliana's voice brings her back to the moment. "Taxi?" Lucy nods, and they make their way across the street, hand in hand. Juliana takes charge, booking the ride with eagerness, her excitement palpable.

Lucy shivers in the cold night air, and Juliana notices, taking off her jacket and draping it around Lucy's shoulders. The warmth of the jacket and the closeness of Juliana makes Lucy's heart race even faster.

Then, fuelled by the courage that comes with a few drinks, Lucy decides to open up to Juliana. "I just want you to know," she says, her voice trembling slightly, "I am so new to this. I've never been with a girl before, and I'll be honest, you're so hot, and I want you, but I'm nervous."

Juliana smiles at Lucy, her eyes shining with tenderness. "We can go slow," she says, taking Lucy's hands in hers. "I seem to really like you, Lucy."

With that, Juliana leans in for a soft and passionate kiss, and Lucy feels a wave of emotion wash over her. This is it, she thinks. This is what she's been waiting for, what she's been searching for. Lucy can't help but smile, feeling grateful for the alcohol that gave her the courage to be honest with Juliana, and for the warmth of Juliana's embrace that makes her feel safe.

As Lucy breaks away from the kiss she tells Juliana. 'You make me really happy.' She feels a sense of euphoria that's interrupted by a jarring sight. She spots Leah, the last person she expected to see, standing nearby. Her heart sinks as she notices the sadness etched on Leah's face.

"Leah?!" Lucy exclaims in shock, turning to face her. Juliana follows Lucy's gaze and notices Leah standing there looking lost and alone.

Leah, realising that she has been caught staring, turns to run away. But Lucy stops her in her tracks. "Wait, Leah!" she calls out, her voice laced with concern.

Leah hesitates, unsure of what to do.

"Listen, I heard you two had a thing. Football gossip gets around," Juliana interjects, her tone gentle and understanding. "Go talk to her, I'll go back to the bar and wait for you" she says, giving Lucy a reassuring smile.

Lucy nods at Juliana, grateful for her understanding, and turns her attention to Leah. She walks up to her slowly, her heart pounding in her chest.

"Hey," Lucy says softly, trying to catch Leah's gaze. "Are you okay?"

Leah looks up at Lucy, her eyes filled with tears. "No," she admits, her voice barely above a whisper. "I saw you two kissing and... I don't know what to do."

Lucy takes a deep breath and puts a comforting hand on Leah's shoulder. She can see Leah has had a few drinks. Despite this, Lucy is taken aback by the emotions that Leah seems to be struggling with. Leah avoids eye contact and stumbles clumsily before sitting on the ground. Lucy's heart sinks as she watches her suffer. "Leah, how much have you had to drink?" she asks, concern etched on her face. Leah mumbles something incoherent before slurring out an apology and urging Lucy to leave her alone. But Lucy refuses to abandon her. "No, Leah, I'm not going anywhere. Please talk to me," Lucy pleads, sitting down beside her. After a deep breath, Leah finally looks up and makes eye contact with Lucy. "Electricity...still there, always was," she whispered. Lucy was confused, but before she could ask, Leah spoke again. "That day in the park, Lucy. I wanted to tell you I wanted to be with you." Lucy stood up, shocked. She couldn't believe what she had just heard.