Chapter 4 - A mistake among many.

Lucy rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she reached for her phone on the bedside table. The bright screen lit up with a flurry of notifications, and as she scrolled through her messages, her heart swelled with pride. She had made the rounds on social media, and she couldn't believe how quickly people had taken notice of her joining the first football team. She smiled at the tagged photos from the night before, feeling grateful for the support from her new team.

After a quick shower, Lucy headed to the kitchen to make herself a much-needed cup of coffee. As she sipped her coffee, the events of the night before came flooding back. She remembered Leah's gaze and the almost-kiss, but she shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts. She had a busy day ahead of her, with training and a meeting with Jake later on.

Lucy got dressed and headed out to the training ground, where she was greeted by Jonas Eidevall, the manager. He congratulated her on her first day and told her that he had high expectations for her, and she thanked him for his words of encouragement. As she stepped onto the field, she felt a sense of belonging. She had always loved playing football, but now she was part of a team of like-minded individuals who were all passionate about the sport. She felt proud to be part of such an incredible group of people.

Leah approached Lucy, greeting her with a warm smile and a friendly pat on the shoulder. "Hello you!" Leah said, "You made it to your second day!"

Lucy smiled back, feeling grateful for Leah's support. "Thanks, Leah. I couldn't have done it without all of you."

Leah gave Lucy's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Listen, I just wanted to say, I remember our conversation last night. I know you're feeling nervous about coming out to your parents and Jake, but just remember, you're not alone. We're here for you and we support you no matter what."

Lucy felt a wave of relief wash over her, and she thanked Leah for her advice. Leah continued, "And as for Jake, just be honest with him. If he likes you, I'm sure he'll understand."

Lucy nodded, feeling more confident now that she had Leah's advice. She promised Leah she would talk to Jake and thanked her again for her support. Leah gave her a wink and encouraged her to show the world what she was made of.

After training, Lucy said goodbye to the girls and headed to the pub to meet Jake, today was the day she told the truth. As she sat across from him, she took a deep breath, preparing to tell him the truth about her feelings. But before she could speak, Jake interrupted her.

"Lucy," he said, with a serious look on his face. "I have something I want to ask you."

Lucy's heart sank. Had he found out about her being gay? She braced herself for the worst, but then he asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

Lucy was taken aback. She had not expected this at all. On the one hand, she felt a sense of relief that he hadn't found out. On the other hand, she knew that she couldn't accept his proposal. She had come to tell him the truth about herself and she couldn't start their relationship off with a lie.

She didn't want to hurt Jake, but she knew that her family would never approve of the truth. Her heart ached as she thought about the decision she had made. Her voice quivering, she finally said, "Yes."

As she spoke, she saw the joy light up on Jake's face and he leaned in to kiss her. Lucy felt an immense guilt settle in her heart. She had made the biggest mistake of her life, and she felt like a coward for going along with it. Jake was such a sweet boy, and she had let herself and him down.

As they walked out of the pub hand in hand, Lucy's mind raced with thoughts of what she had just done. She couldn't shake the feeling that she had made a terrible mistake.